Hobbyking Postage of ARF models

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

Hobbyking Postage of ARF models

Postby coronarc.nz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:12 am

Everytime I find a cool model from Hobbyking - and then take the next step of wanting to buy, I take the process through to find out what the costs will be. An inumerable number of times I run into difficulties with the way they calculate the postage, usually over by 2mm! Take for instance the Sniper (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... Cat_EP_ARF) for NZ the maximum postage dimension end at 2000mm, this one box comes in at 2002mm! I can get the models in using New Zealand couriers, however I don't want to pay twice the price just to get the model here! Does anyone have any idea how I can get these models brought into the country (New Zealand) out of Hongkong without having to scrifice hundreds of dollars in postage?
coronarc.nz

Re: Hobbyking Postage of ARF models

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:55 am

It's a shame they don't go by the measurements of the box *after* it arrives. You should see some of the packages I get which have come from China/HK via EMS. some have been several cm shorter in all dimensions than when they were consigned!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Roger » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Hobbyking have suggested DHL or TNT... ok if you have an account, I mean, I have an account with NZ couriers - but it still is NOT cheap to get items sent over here. I wouldn't really care if it took a month to get here either, just so long as it doesn't cost an arm and leg to get it here!
Roger.
PS, I ordered a parcel containing 2 servos, the "Hobbyking" branded lipo battery medic and a turnigy 1600 3s lipo last night, emails informed me this evening that it has shipped... so we shall see if the lipo ban has any affect...
Roger

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Mon 2/8/10... PS, I ordered a parcel containing 2 servos, the "Hobbyking" branded lipo battery medic and a turnigy 1600 3s lipo last night, emails informed me this evening that it has shipped... so we shall see if the lipo ban has any affect...

Just about fell off my chair this morning when the courier arrived - only 4 days delivered door to door, including the Lipo battery too! Was very well packaged inside about 3 layers of bubble wrap, a cardboard box and another layer of bubble wrap...!
Roger

Postby JBC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 pm

It's NO SURPRISE that Hobbyking have been fudging the postage numbers for ages, it's just another way for them to say 'hey look we have cheap prices, but we'll get money back off ya by over charging you on postage and pocketing the difference' :x when I recently questioned them about a package I got which was missing a rx as well as being less weight than what they had charged me, I got a response about the missing rx but NO mention about the postage weight discrepancy ... :?: why am I not surprised! :roll:
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Return to ARF and RTF Models