Tower Hobbies

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with Tower Hobbies' service?

Excellent
44%
Good
37%
Average
11%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes : 27

Tower Hobbies

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:22 am

Have you purchased from Tower Hobbies? Share your experiences good and bad.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Tower Hobbies

Postby jeffie8696 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 am

Cant complain , the shipping is a bit steep considering I can drive there in a few hours. :(
Customer service is OK but not perfect.
Selection is reasonable.
Shipping time is very good, of course like I said I can be there in like 3 hours so thats a gimmie.
jeffie8696

Postby cmulder » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:38 pm

They used to be my mailorder company of choice bevore the china stores opened.
shippig is a bit expensive but with the euro to dollar rate and the local prices its still about 1/3 less.
One time a glue bottle leaked inside its ziplock bag gluing 3 or 4 bottles and some other items packaging togeather.
I reported this and requested to have the single leaked bottle replaced and instead they send most of the order again even items that did not get glue on them.
I still might buy from them again if they have a good price.

all in all i can recomend them if you think there pricces are good
cmulder

Postby lental » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am

Since I dropped HobbyKing I really haven't established a US suplier of preference but when I start looking for something Tower Hobbies is the first stop I make. Their selection is good and their variety is reasonable. Prices are a little on the high side but flat rate shipping at @$6.00 is fair and it's fast. Having said that, I recently ordered several sets of GWS wheels from HK but the order was held up because two of the six sizes were out of stock (even though they were shown as being in stock). Since I needed the wheels fairly quickly, I cancelled the HK order and went to Tower Hobbies. Two of the six sets were 25-cents more expensive than HK but the other four ranged from 25 to 50-cents cheaper. Total cost for the Tower order came to $11 including shipping. The same order at HobbyKing was $17 including shipping. And I thought somebody said HK was cheap!!!
lental

Postby ofer24 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:05 pm

I have bought at TowerHobbies many times and was always satisfied with the results!
They do tend to be anal about verifying that your credit-card is actually yours (they made me phone the credit company and send them a transaction code).
Other than that they're great. Be sure to get their super savers add numbers by email, it helped me save $75 on a $309 order (that's 24%)!!

I heartily recommend TowerHobbies.

Cheers
ofer24

Postby jaav » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:19 pm

The sevice is very good. Frieght time vary some times a week or 5 weeks dosnt mater what size it is, you can never pick it.
jaav

Postby ehub1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm

We have had good results from them, shipping is priced high on small orders but if you spend enough it's not that bad. good arrival times.
ehub1

Postby Flash1940 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 pm

I have had only good service and quick shipment from Tower. If I'm in the market for a kit or ARF thingy.....I always check to see if Tower has it first.
They are an American business.....I try to support them when I can.

Flash
Flash1940

Postby Barbosa2 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Old thread....but.
Expensive. To replace my cheap Sino parts in my cheap FMS 1400mm with Tower hobby listed parts:
Battery: $22 Blue Lipo vs.$65
Motor (14.8): $20 vs. $80
ESC: $23 Airfield cheap replacement vs $59 GP silver
Rx: $30
Retracts: $25

I don't know...

That's $259 to TH not including shipping to replace all that. For that price I could buy another complete FMS plane and several batteries.
Barbosa2

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)