HiModel.com

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with Himodel.com's service?

Excellent
72%
Good
28%
Average
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes : 18

HiModel.com

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 am

Have you bought product from HiMode.com?

If so, share your experiences good or bad.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: HiModel.com

Postby nzimmers » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 am

I've mostly bought small items (recievers and a few servos) from Himodel. I've never seen the type of delays from Himodel that I have seen at Hobby city. Prices are more expensive at Himodel but shipping is cheaper. If Himodel had a website like hobbycity, with reviews from custormers, they would be my first choice!
nzimmers

Postby RobC » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 am

I bought a couple of receivers from HM, the feedback re despatch was good, and they arrived faster than I'd expected. I'd use them again.
RobC

Postby erezra » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 am

Bought rx and tx modules.

Speedy enough and without trouble.
The site has a couple of flaws but nothing too bad.
!!! BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR !!!
http://www.eraviv.com
erezra

Postby P3tras » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:36 am

I agree. If they would update their website they shop would be much better. Also they have much bigger variation on some items than Hobbyking. Just they don't ship larger items via air mail, only express which is very expensive to Lithuania :roll:
Esky Esmart (grounded, doesn't have parts), Blade EPP (flying), Old glow trainer airplane (needs some tweaking)
P3tras

Postby jomarx » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:07 am

Bought my 3rd FrSky reciever from HM. Took only 4 days for my shipment to arrive at my door (I live the the PH BTW).

If they could only match HK's pricing...
jomarx

Postby TMKits » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Bought a few engines. I like the engine spares they keep, mufflers and such. Satisfied customer for sure.
TMKits

Postby JBC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

Bought some motors and bits n pieces form them, shipping was pretty good. I haven't had a chance to install them so can't comment on the quality. I'd say generally the turnigy motors from HK though are pretty good, hopefully Himodel's are also....
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby Ampair » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:03 pm

So far the service has been excellent, although the "manual checking" for the first order was a bit unusual. It is unusual in my experience to have a supplier check that the delivery address is in the chosen freight company's standard delivery zone before taking the money, I like that. The extra checking after Paypal has done the deal is also unusual, I don't understand that (yet), but if it stops devious people ripping the system off and adding to the cost of the goods, I am content. In spite of the manual checking for a first order, it was a reasonably speedy process, just four hours from order to despatch with a wide choice of delivery methods.
All told, they seems like a supplier that is customer focussed rather than driven purely by the marketing / bean counter divisions like Hobby xxxx is.
Ampair

Postby slidexxx » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 am

Have been getting stuff from Himodel for a the last year or two,lipo's engines etc ,good prices and fast del. Usually only 4 or 5 days.The only time it took longer was 3 days to Auckland then5 days to Feilding,Bloody Nz snail service.
slidexxx

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)