Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Postby thos » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 am

I've just recieved my Turnigy V2 transmitter and see in the forum that the battery and bind identification on the RX are in the wrong positions.
Attach the "batt" and "bind" cables in reverse position, as listed on the receiver.
Is this only for binding ? Does the the battery connection need to repositioned after binding ? It seems to work fine if the battery is plugged into either bat or bind.
thos

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:53 pm

You can plug the battery into any position, it doesn't matter because the +ve and -ve signals are common to all.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby thos » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info on reciever Bruce.

I've just done the LIfepo conversion on my transmitter and it all works very well thank you. Just wondering if its worth fixing the resisitor to the circuit board with a little araldite or silicon as there is seems to be a fair bit hanging off solder joint ?

Fortunately I did the conversion before using the transmitter. When opening the back I found the very large screw that holds the centre circuit board to the neck strap mount hanging by a thread. A quarter turn and it fell out. Needless to say if I had used the trasmitter a few times the screw would have fallen out and due to its size it would have shorted out something. As you have said before its only a $60 transmitter. Could you please advise buyers to do themselvs a favour and open up the back and make sure everything looks ok, screws tight etc. before they use it. A short video of what to do and look for would probably be a help. I'll be reworking a few solder joints also as some are not acceptable. Quality control is a lot to be desired on human assembled circuit boards and switches.
thos

Postby julo » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:30 am

Hi,
I have question concerning new Turnigy receiver. Is it possible to get combined PPM signal from it ?
thanks
j.
julo

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:15 pm

Not that I'm aware of -- there's no point (from the perspective of the manufacturer) in re-creating the PPM pulsetrain because it would mean extra code that would serve no purpose (except for Microkopter fliers -- right?)

Also, bearing in mind that this is a $9 receiver, the Chinese will certainly not have included anything they didn't absolutely need to (heck, they didn't even include user-definable failsafe settings).
RCModelReviews

Postby johnkim100530 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:29 pm

My Turnigy 9X V2 arrived at Los Angeles within a week after shipped from Hong Kong. Very fast service.

I am installing 2S LiPo battery in transmitter.

Now I have three 9X radios all made by FlySky. I am using Turnigy, iMAX, FlyDream modules in them and need not swap modules from one TX to another. FrSky module is plugged in JR. I also have Corona and Assam in Futaba transmitters.

I ran out of airplanes to install all these different 2.4s. I am too old and tired of building any more planes. Some new 2.4 radios must just sit idle after test flights.

I kept buying new Chinese 2.4s out of curiosity. They all worked fine; they are even better and more reliable than more expensive major brands. Spektrum and Extreme crashed many times. If you hesitate to use Chinese 2.4s because you don't trust them, I recommend them highly. Read RCModelReviews.
johnkim100530

Postby johnkim100530 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 am

I ordered three extra receivers, four in all.

All were bench tested and found OK.

Only complaint is these receivers like all others made by FlySky are big in size compared to other brands.
They are OK with big planes but too big to fit in fuselage of a small plane like park flyers.

FlyDream receivers are small and perfect for park flyers.
johnkim100530

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 am

John, I noticed that for a *very* short time there were some 6-channel versions of the V2 receiver available. These are like the V1 6-channel units but without the satellite. A much better size for small models.

I'm sure they'll be back in stock at HK in the not too distant future.
RCModelReviews

Postby Bryce » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:24 am

The Turborix 3rd gen 6ch receiver work perfectly with my Eurgle 3rd gen Tx, so I guess they should work with a Turnigy V2 Tx:
http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php ... cps2806003
There's an 3ch Eurgle receiver too:
http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php ... cps2806002
Bryce

Postby johnkim100530 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:44 am

RCModelReviews wrote:John, I noticed that for a *very* short time there were some 6-channel versions of the V2 receiver available. These are like the V1 6-channel units but without the satellite. A much better size for small models.

I'm sure they'll be back in stock at HK in the not too distant future.

Do you mean this Hobby King 6 ch. receiver?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... duct=12901

Does this receiver work with Turnigy V2?
johnkim100530

PreviousNext

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers