Elder vs Eindecker

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Elder vs Eindecker

Postby mdflys » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 am

Ok guys, time to dust of the thinking caps.

Does anyone know where I can find some "real" pics of the Fokker Eindecker.

Can anyone tell me if the original Eindecker had an open fuse?

Is the Elder even a "real" plane?

What few pics I've been able to find, there weren't any open fusalages. Hence the above question.

Also, can anyone tell me if the "real" Eindecker had ailerons?

Looking forward to learning.

mdflys
mdflys

Re: Elder vs Eindecker

Postby eclipce » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:20 pm

at airliners are enouge pictures of a fokker eindecker replica but i can't find anny pictures on airliners of the elder.
eclipce

Postby lental » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm

The old Red Baron flight simulator had a Fokker Eindecker and, as I recall, there were some actual photos included in the documentation on the disk. I can't verify that because I no longer have a 5.5 inch disk drive on my machine so I can't look at the disks. The game was produced by Sierra so you might find something at their website...if they still exist.

Also. I think the Onld Rhinebeck Aerodrome in New York has a Fokker Eindecker that actually flies. Don't know if they have a website but it's worth a search.

Finally, I recently visited the the Museum of Naval Aviation at the Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida. I think they also have a restored Eindecker hanging from their ceiling. They do have a website and you might check that out. It's been a long time since I've flown Red Baron but I don't think the Eindecker had flaps. The aircraft models in that game were supposed to have been pretty accurate.

Red Baron was a great and fun game. It's too bad they haven't updated it for modern computers.
lental

Postby kiwideno » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:24 am

this maybe a way to late but try this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_Eindecker
cheers
kiwideno
kiwideno

Postby Sid Sideslip » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:51 am

Most RC models of the Eindecker use ailerons (such as the Balsa USA version) but the original used wing warping and had no flaps. All the photos I've seen of it had the fuselage fully covered with doped fabric.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Return to Non-RC