Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter 8ch Rec.not working

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter 8ch Rec.not working

Postby rcmark » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Received my Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver and 5 Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receivers (V2). None of the receivers work.
The blinking red light comes and will not stop blinking when I try to bind it. I hold the bind button on the Tx down and turn it on for 2 minutes and the light still blinks. I have tried it with all six receivers.
The battery get connected to the end (outside) set of pins and the bind plug goes next to it.

HELP!!!
rcmark

Re: Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter 8ch Rec.not working

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 am

Reverse the positions of the bind and battery plugs when binding (ie: plug the battery into the bind-port and the bind plug in to the battery port) -- that should fix it.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rcmark » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:50 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Reverse the positions of the bind and battery plugs when binding (ie: plug the battery into the bind-port and the bind plug in to the battery port) -- that should fix it.

That doesn't work if I reverse the plugs no blinking light appears!!
rcmark

Postby mpthompson » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm

I bound my receiver for my 9x with the 8ch receiver for the first time yesterday and it took me a little while to figure it out. I also thought I had a busted receiver before I figured out the combination of things to get it working. The following steps worked for me.

1. Make sure the 9x transmitter is powered off.

2. Plug the binding jumper into slot 9 of the receiver. Not sure what slot 10 was for, but it didn't work for binding.

3. Plug your ESC with a motor into slot 3. Make sure the signal wire from the ESC (mine is a white wire) is on the side towards the front of the receiver.

4. Plug a battery into the ESC so that it powers the receiver. I can't remember exactly, but I believe at this point you will see a dim LED blinking under the top of the receiver. It's a bit hard to see it may help if the lights in your room are dim or look from the edge of the receiver.

5. Holding the binding button down power on the 9x transmitter. After a few seconds you should see the blinking LED on the receiver turn solidly on.

6. Turn power off on the 9x transmitter and unplug the battery from the ESC.

7. Remove the binding plug from the receiver.

8. Turn on the 9x transmitter.

9. Plug in the battery to the ESC. You should see the LED turn on solid.

10. Test the binding by throttling the motor on channel three of the transmitter.

The steps above worked for me. If you can't get any of the receivers working I guess you may have a bum transmitter.
mpthompson

Postby rcmark » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 am

mpthompson wrote:I bound my receiver for my 9x with the 8ch receiver for the first time yesterday and it took me a little while to figure it out. I also thought I had a busted receiver before I figured out the combination of things to get it working. The following steps worked for me.

1. Make sure the 9x transmitter is powered off.

2. Plug the binding jumper into slot 9 of the receiver. Not sure what slot 10 was for, but it didn't work for binding.

3. Plug your ESC with a motor into slot 3. Make sure the signal wire from the ESC (mine is a white wire) is on the side towards the front of the receiver.

4. Plug a battery into the ESC so that it powers the receiver. I can't remember exactly, but I believe at this point you will see a dim LED blinking under the top of the receiver. It's a bit hard to see it may help if the lights in your room are dim or look from the edge of the receiver.

5. Holding the binding button down power on the 9x transmitter. After a few seconds you should see the blinking LED on the receiver turn solidly on.

6. Turn power off on the 9x transmitter and unplug the battery from the ESC.

7. Remove the binding plug from the receiver.

8. Turn on the 9x transmitter.

9. Plug in the battery to the ESC. You should see the LED turn on solid.

10. Test the binding by throttling the motor on channel three of the transmitter.

The steps above worked for me. If you can't get any of the receivers working I guess you may have a bum transmitter.

Thanks for the instructions! Did not work. I must have a bad TX.
rcmark

Postby trogolito » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Hello

you have any Acces point or wireless router near??

bye
trogolito

Return to Radios and Servos