Best module for a JR9Xii

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Best module for a JR9Xii

Postby Goody63 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 am

Been happily using my JR2610 with the Assan 2.4 hack module now for a year or so without any (apparent)issues. I fly everything from indoor to 3.5kg + models.

However a couple of models I've got now could do with 7ch+.

Therefore I recently bought a sh JR 9xII (36MHz) with the original idea of converting it to Assan by using the jr module but hopefully setting up the antenna in the jr factory location (hate the look of the antenna hanging out the back).

The assan appealed to me still cos vie got quite a few assan ruers and like the idea of being able to use all 9 channels if I ever want too.

But now I'm not sure is I should try a different module ( e.g. frsky or spectrum). I'm just bait worried that the assan gear may be more prone to signal loss than some of the newer gear coming out ( not that i've ever noticed one).

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Goody63

Re: Best module for a JR9Xii

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 am

Although the Assan didn't score particularly high in the RCModelReviews 2.4GHz shootout it has to be emphasized that all the current crop of 2.4GHz RC systems are pretty good so if you've got a large investment in Assan receivers you could stick with the brand.

However, if you're looking for a little more resilience, easier failsafe setup and the option of telemetry then FrSky would likely come out on top.

I've been flying the FrSky system (as have three others at my club) and all have had nothing but excellent results.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby baner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi For me to change my electric rc helicopter and fixed wing plane from the Corona 2.4Ghz module to the new all singing and dancing with bells and whistles Two Way Frsky 2.4GHz 8ch FUTABA COMBO (TX Module + 2 Receiver)
it would cost me $144 so then I would have to try and sell my holder stuff? But if you are starting out then Frsky is the way to go.
baner

Postby errsemr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:57 am

Therefore I recently bought a sh JR 9xII (36MHz) with the original idea of converting it to Assan by using the jr module but hopefully setting up the antenna in the jr factory location (hate the look of the antenna hanging out the back).

The newer DM9 modules (http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp?Pa ... rodID=5692) does not look bad with the antenna on the back.

Albeit, I am cheap and would go with Assan to make best use of available receivers. Maybe even use 36MHz for some models. You probably already have some models or you could get some almost for free.

You will like the JR9Xii.
errsemr

Return to Radios and Servos