DealExtreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Purchasing from DealExtreme

Excellent
43%
Good
48%
Average
5%
Could be better
No votes
Never again
5%

Total votes : 21

DealExtreme

Postby mpthompson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Although DealExtreme sells a lot more than just RC related items and their selection is limited, I've made a number of purchases from DealExtreme because I like their prices and the free shipping. I've had pretty good luck purchasing LiPo batteries, connectors, 3ch IR Helicopters and other RC related odds and ends. You may sometimes get stuck waiting for an item that takes a long time to ship due to stock issues, but it's only happened very few times to me. Usually I receive items within 5 to 10 days which isn't too bad.
mpthompson

Re: DealExtreme

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:12 am

Yep, I just ordered a Class 6 microSD memory card for the key-chain camera I reviewed. Took 10 days to arrive and works perfectly -- removing the jerkiness that was apparent with the original card.

The local price was over twice what I paid from DX
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby jomarx » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 am

DX is one of my favorite stores, its cheap and FREE SHIPPING! Items usually arrives in 2 weeks time to the PH (most probably customs delays). And as Mpthompson said, stock problems is uncommon (but it happens sometimes) with DX. I once ordered a LED clock and it took almost a month before getting the item shipped to me.
jomarx

Postby mpthompson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 am

Edit: Removed the link to GoodLuckBuy until I receive my orders to confirm they are (somewhat) legit.

For those who like DealExtreme, you may also like the following: http://xxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/

Similar selling model as DealExtreme including free shipping, but with a much broader RC selection including some foam aircraft and a lot of transmitter/receiver gear. Where GoodLuckBuy inventory overlaps DealExtreme I notice some prices are higher, some are lower. I have two small orders for connectors and batteries to test them out. I'll report back with how the orders go.
mpthompson

Postby 66tbird2 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

IMO DealExtreme is the place for building supplies like heat shrink tubing, small connectors, and button batteries.
66tbird2

Postby ergocentric » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 am

The prices are great, orders get all the way to Canada, but they are not always shipped in a timely fashion.

If I had to guess I would suggest the website shows stock that isn't really there.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:42 am

I have a feeling that DX carries virtually no stock. Chances are that they order from suppliers on a weekly basis to fill the orders they've received.

That's how the keep the prices down.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby cmulder » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:27 pm

i am too a happy cuatumer from dx the local electronics chain maplin sells some of the same items for 4 or 5 times the dx prices.
one of the items i am most happy with is a temo controlled soldering iron and some led lights,
cmulder

Postby Ampair » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Just received my first order from them, excellent packing, and 6 days to NZ.
Their free shipping is 10-1/2 times faster than Swiss Post and $19 cheaper, I like that a lot.
Last edited by Ampair on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ampair

only 1 thumbs up for DealExtreme

Postby bnrusso » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:41 am

I'm in the USA.
I have placed a few orders with DX.
Great prices, free shipping, decent Chinese quality that does require some repair from time to time.
I've ordered li-po batteries, chargers, rare earth magnets, servo extensions, helicopter, brushless motors, ESCs,....
For some reason they are much slower than any other HongKong merchant that I have used.
bnrusso

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)