The BEST BUY/BARGAIN thread!

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

The BEST BUY/BARGAIN thread!

Postby JBC » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Thought I would start this thread for people to post links of what they might think is a bargain or best buy. Firstly This is not for advertising! and rather than sound like I'm trying to say there's rules for this thread etc here's just some guidelines which I hope people might try and follow to help make it easy and useful for everyone :)

Try and list products that you have come across which have over use, proven themselves to be excellent value for money.
If you happen to come across a hobby shop that might have a crash sale and there's something that's hugely discounted.
A brief description of your experience with the product.

I hope Bruce this doesn't/isn't in the wrong section or anything for this kind of thread, if so just delete or move it ;) thanks,
John.

Ok I guess I'll start it off:

XEN esc's, various sizes 10-100A and come with deans plug and bullet connectors already soldered and switchmode BEC. Have several in various planes and they've worked great, are very cheap and shipping from china is usually around a week to Australia. http://www.lowpricerc.com/index.php?cPa ... =2a&page=2

Awesome flying EPO F-15 70mm kit, had this thing on 3S, 4S and even as a pusher conversion, shipping is fast too http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.php/c ... veh17bqua0

HXT900 9g servo, probably the most widely used servo but I think deservedly so, got heeeeaps of in my planes, work brilliantly and the price is great http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh ... roduct=662
Last edited by JBC on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Re: The BEST BUY/BARGAIN thread!

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Yep, I'm quite happy for people to post links in this thread to products they've found to be outstanding value.

It's all about sharing the knowledge.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: The BEST BUY/BARGAIN thread!

Postby suchislife » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:20 pm

KEDA KA 22-20L brushless motor $13.99
1kg thrust on a 10x5 @ under 20A. Tough, efficient and powerful. I've had this one for over a year, hundreds of flights and a dozen hard crashes, on hard clay, and never even bent a shaft (hard steel). Bearings still smooth. Comes with spare shaft and all accessories, 3.5mm plugs already soldered, mount, screws, aluminium prop adapter(5mm), prop saver. My favourite motor, I'd buy another but haven't needed to so far!
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)