Quanum...

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Quanum...

Postby Roger » Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 am

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... /mAh%29_V2

anyone know anything about this system..?
Roger

Re: Quanum...

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 21, 2010 5:03 am

It looks like a simple add-on telemetry system with its own RF link -- and at a not-too-bad price.

I was looking at the current/temp sensor add-on and thinking that it would be useful to provide an interface to that for the FrSky telemetry DIY project.

Once all the new 2.4GHz systems have telemetry as standard, stand-alone systems like this one won't have much of a market but in the meantime they look quite good. Note: that's not an endorsement or a review since I'm only going by the listed specifications, not from personal testing or experience with this particular product.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Roger » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:32 am

Once i get a bit of money in the bank, I am going to get one of these and test it out on my E-Chucko (i've modified my handlaunch glider and stuck a motor on the front - quite an effective conversion actually). Hoping to have it here and ready for the Fly-in down in Tokoroa in November... perhaps you could do a review at the same time... (and i could get my mini camera back too!) I will see if I can get a class 6 card for it too to see if it gives better video...
Roger

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 am

Sounds good. I put a class 4 card in the mini-camera (well it "claims" to be a Class 4) and it is improved somewhat, although still not totally smooth.
RCModelReviews

Postby Roger » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Do you know of a source of GENUINE class and capacity cards here in NZ - it doesn't surprize me if the card speed included with the camera is a fake, I mean it only cost $15 dollars US and we know what the chinese are like in the market of fakes...
Roger

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:14 am

You pay through the nose for microSD cards of any quality in NZ. I ended up getting the 4GB class 4 direct from China. I'm now going to look for a Class 6 but unfortunately they only seem available in the (more expensive) 8GB capacity -- which is really overkill for one of those cameras ;-)
RCModelReviews

Postby Roger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:21 am

Try looking on pricespy.co.nz here in nz... the prices there don't seem to be too bad, I found a class 6, 4gb for about 20 bucks... haven't bought it yet though
Roger

Return to Telemetry