Suitable location for a 2.4GHz receiver

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Suitable location for a 2.4GHz receiver

Postby aesmith » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:59 am

Hi,

I'm rebuilding my electric glider, and want to convert to 2.4GHz at the same time using the 8 channel Frsky receiver. Currently it looks like the gear will be laid out as follows ... battery and ESC right in the nose, then about 120mm of available space, then aileron servo, then tail servos 80mm further aft.

My question is whether it would be OK to fit the 2.4Ghz receiver in the vacant space, behind the battery and in front of the servos. The receiver would be orientated with the pins towards the nose, and I was thinking one antennae running lengthways and one vertical.

Does that sound all right? Guidance is to keep the receiver well away from servos, but I'm not sure what that equates to in terms of a safe clearance.

Ta in advance, Tony S
aesmith

Re: Suitable location for a 2.4GHz receiver

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 pm

I've got similar installations (in my DLG things are *really* tight) and have had no problems.

The receiver itself is unlikely to pick up any noise from the servos or battery and so long as your antennae are well spaced, as far away as possible from other components and at 90 degrees you should be fine.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos