LowPriceRC

Have you had really good or really bad service from a supplier? Tell everyone here.

LowPriceRC

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed May 05, 2010 5:37 am

Has anyone used LowPriceRC as an alternative to HobbyKing?

I've had a few reports that they are getting a lot more business since HK's recent woes.

If readers have any experiences, share them here.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: LowPriceRC

Postby beau0090_99 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm

I haven't yet, but when Himodel started selling FrSky, I started shopping there and have been very satisfied. I have ordered twice from them and they offer EMS at a discount ($11 USD to Start), and I received both packages in 5 calendar days to the US. I may give LPRC a try. HK is losing my interest due to a lot of backordered products and some bad experiences from friends. I hope they can get back on track, they seem to be pushing the industry in a less expensive direction.
Curtis
beau0090_99

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Yes, I've been a happy HiModel customer for quite a few years now. They ship quick, carry good stock levels and communicate really well if there's a problem.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Schwab » Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I have used Lowpricerc and i have to say all the best.
Packing and shipment in six (6) days to Serbia that is impressive.
Schwab

Postby cmulder » Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 pm

I used them once so far and there was a mistake made in there website system where i should indicate if the order should be send out while a item was out of stock or wait.
There comunication to resolve the problem was good and after a week my items had arived.
This is better then my (still good) experiences with hobbyking wich took about 4 days to ship a order.

I will order with lowprice rc again (i love there led strips) and also with hobbycity just keeping in mind it might be a bit slower.
cmulder

Postby JBC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 pm

I have ordered several times from LowPriceRC and will continue to and have no complaints. Great prices, service and shipping is excellent I even started a poll in your other where to buy section :D
I have some of their MOXIE batteries which are so far as good as Turnigy and I think their XEN esc's are probably the best cheap esc currently out there...switchmode BEC, all connectors already soldered and it's even compatible with the turnigy programming card :)
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby hummel » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Ordered a Falcon EPO flying wing, a roll of covering film and some connectors.
Prices are similair to HK, communication is fine. Shipping was fast, not really expensive, packaging not the best but adequate. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd say they get a 8.
hummel

Postby pushinoldrc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:14 pm

hummel wrote:Ordered a Falcon EPO flying wing, a roll of covering film and some connectors.
Prices are similair to HK, communication is fine. Shipping was fast, not really expensive, packaging not the best but adequate. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd say they get a 8.

Please let me know the quality of the film covering. At 5 meters, this is a fantastic price!
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby hummel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

whoops... a bit late, but better now than never!
The covering film is the same that hobbyking sells i.e. good quality, sticks at 80c-100C and shrinks between 100C and 140C.
Main difference with Oracover is the reheat, peel off and restick doesn't work as well as it does with Oracover (the solid colours). At a price of about 15% of Oracover that's no problem I guess :-) Recommended!
hummel

Postby suchislife » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:00 am

Purchased an ESC ( Moxie competition series 50A ) and it works flawlessly. Has the same startup & stick programming beep sequences as the turnigy plush and towerpro esc's from HK, but comes with 3A SBEC :) . Running it at 25 amps doing 3D with four 9g servos and it stays stone cold.
Shipping HongKong to Australia in 8 days.
Very pleased, will buy again.
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)