HiModel.com

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with Himodel.com's service?

Excellent
72%
Good
28%
Average
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes : 18

Re: HiModel.com

Postby ofer24 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am

Anyone care to share his/her experience with china post?
I am looking at my shipping options for some items I've chosen and see quite a difference between china post (about $19) and EMS ($37). These are the two cheapest options.
I'm in no rush as to the time it takes the package to arrive yet would still like to hear what people have to say.

I noticed some of you mentioned information regarding shipping times. Can you please state which shipping option you have chosen?

Thanks,
Cheers
ofer24

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 am

I've always used EMS because I've heard that ChinaPost can be a little "inconsistent" with their delivery times.

I have had Chinapost from other Chinese mainland suppliers and it takes anywhere from 1 week to 6 weeks -- but mostly it's around 10-14 days.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 am

I just received another large order from HiModel.com

It was sent "next day" and arrived 5 days later via EMS.

Everything I ordered was in the box and it all appears to work.

No fuss, no heartache, no drama.

Can't say better than that.
RCModelReviews

Postby JBC » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Motors I bought from Himodel as previously stated are turning out to be quite good. I've also purchased other EDF fans and motors as other small items and am quite happy with their products and service. Definitely continue to use them in the future :)
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm

I find myself buying more and more from Himodel and less and less from HobbyKing these days.
RCModelReviews

Postby AE25 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

ordered for the first time last week. found the website was a bit more involved to get the order completed compared to HK. when it said first time customers go through a manual checking process to confirm paypal payment had gone through, i thought, oh here we go. I had nothing to worry about, I ordered friday afternoon, confirmed details via email etc, could see tracking via DHL the next day, it was sent friday 5pm, had reached NZ on monday and i had it in my hand on tuesday. 4days! package showed up in a DHL bag, (got a bit worried), but inside was a chunky little cardboard box full of my goodies. the only damage was to a futaba servo box which couldn't have come from shipping, so would've been sent like that. but servo works fine. all in all, very happy and definately order again.
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

Previous

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)