Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King

Postby disco stu » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 am

Just a heads up that hobbyking have the turnigy 9x radios in stock, but probably not for long
disco stu

Postby karolh » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:24 pm

So far I have placed three orders with HK and to date the service has been very good. The first two were for in stock items that was shipped via Swiss Post and arrived in Florida within 10 days of my ordering. The other order was for a FrSky 2.4 system that was out of stock at the time and which arrived within a month, however this order was shipped via Hong Kong Post and sat for 6 days in their facility before being shipped out, but in all fairness to HK that was beyond their control.
karolh

Postby jeffie8696 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:59 am

I am happy to report that it appears HK has finally credited my account with the money from the bad Corona DIY module. Cant even remember when I sent it back it was so long ago.
Better late than never.
jeffie8696

Postby jeffie8696 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Bruce, will you be able to send the motor you bought for the FPV model to the OZ warehouse for a reasonable cost to warranty it?
jeffie8696

Postby labuscj1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

I placed a order now in desember and thay were showing that the eitim is in stock but after submiting the order 2days after is is out of stock and on backoreder. I send an email to them and asked them if thay have an estamated time when it will be in stock but thay are only replying if I want to take somting els in its place and then reorder if in stock. so I am a litile disapointed but ok it is my first time ordering from them will give it time to check how long it will take.
labuscj1

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:43 pm

jeffie8696 wrote:Bruce, will you be able to send the motor you bought for the FPV model to the OZ warehouse for a reasonable cost to warranty it?

Not worth it. It costs as much to ship stuff across the Tasman as it does to ship it back to China from NZ.

I'll use the motor on another model where the vibes won't matter.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Treebuster » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 am

I ordered from them a few times and never had a problem with damaged goods or being shorted on something. Ems took about a week and air parcel about 2/3 weeks to U.S.
But maybe I have been lucky. Still the least expensive route for me even if you still have to fix some of their quality issues on their models. Only thing I don't like is that you have to order many items to make it worth while for the shipping charges. Still buy locally sometimes even if item is higher cost so I don't have to wait.
They must be going through "growing pains" with the U.S. warehouse since the limited selection and lots of items on backorder.
Treebuster

Postby wreckermn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 am

hi all do not order from HK . I orderse some batteries a moter and some servoes. its bin over a month now and still waiting,when i call HK they first told me to check my local post office than they told me its takes this long when you send it by air mail. shouldnt it be faster?ther are retarted over there. than they told me that they will investigate the where abouts of my order and that will take 2 months. I im very pissed off. Now I called my credit card com. to dispute my payment. well wish me luck.
wreckermn

Postby spitfire2010 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 am

Try posting in the customer support part of their forum.
I'f the goods don't turn up they will refund your money. Be patient.
This is happens from time to time when you order from OS, not just hobbyking
spitfire2010

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:05 pm

HobbyKing are in an unenviable situation insomuch as I'm pretty sure there are more than a handful of unscrupulous people who would try to "rip them off" by making unsubstantiated support/refund claims.

I'm also aware that the postal system out of China is pretty variable these days. Sometimes stuff arrives really quickly, other times it can take weeks.

Fortunately I have not yet had to claim a refund on something that didn't turn up or was missing but, anyone who buys enough stuff will almost certainly encounter such a situation eventually.

With so many operators getting in on the online RC products market out of China now I think HK and the others will eventually find that low prices are but one factor people consider when buying stuff. Just as important is "the putting right" when things go wrong.

We live in interesting times ;-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)