ER9X and trainer cable

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

ER9X and trainer cable

Postby disco stu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Trying to hook up the turnigy 9x with my JR with trainer cable to get my son flying. It worked before now, as in I was having signal coming through but had to reassign channels, but I have since played around and set up the elevon mixing. Now I can't get it work, using the turnigy 9x as the student radio and the JR as the instructor radio. The cable is not stuffed, checked that

I can't understand whats changed, all I have done is set up the elevon and adjusted the throws in there. I have also tried it on another model, and tried setting it as 12ch and the outputs from the extra channels being PPM or whatever. Out of ideas, and would appreciate any help

Cheers, Stu
disco stu

Re: ER9X and trainer cable

Postby Flash1940 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:28 pm

You probably already know this.....but.....make sure the student transmitter is NOT powered up....and that the trainer cord on both ends is pushed all the way into the plug firmly. It's also a good idea to rotate (exercise) the connectors so that they make a good clean connection. My JR cable is a mono type connector....just has tip and shield. Not a stereo looking cable. I have a DX-6 as the student and my XP-8103 as the master. The display on my XP-8103 indicates i'm in trainer mode. My 8 year old grandchild will be my first student as soon as he can land on the flight simulator.
Flash
Flash1940

Postby disco stu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Cheers Flash. Unfortunately nothing like that seems to be the issue, unless I was very tired and turning the wrong one on all night-I did get the servo connections back the front :oops:
disco stu

Postby disco stu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:37 pm

The one simple thing you didn't mention Flash-I forgot to remover the bloody module :oops: :oops: Now I'm annoyed with myself, really annoyed. Havn't had time to try it, but I did forget to do that, so if nothing else is wrong then it "should" be fine
disco stu

Postby disco stu » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Yep ^ that guy is officially an idiot :D

Works fine as student with the module unplugged. Me and my memory
disco stu

Postby erezra » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 am

I was just about to suggest you try and remove the module :)

There's a resistor mod available to eliminate the need to remove the module:
http://code.google.com/p/er9x/source/br ... MinFix.pdf
!!! BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR !!!
http://www.eraviv.com
erezra

Postby disco stu » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:13 am

Cheers for the link
disco stu

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks