HobbyShopWarhouse

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

HobbyShopWarhouse

Postby JBC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:36 am

These guys have had a large amount of users on another forum recently complain of being ripped off etc and alot of bad press. No paypal, no address etc just an online store that I think seems to only do drop shipping. Maybe one to steer clear of :? , if anyones had any experience with them it would be nice to hear.....

http://www.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/Home_Page.html
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Re: HobbyShopWarhouse

Postby pushinoldrc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:20 am

I just did a reverse number look-up for the US. The number that is posted in the customer support section of the site is unlisted in Boca Raton, FL. I usually try to get more information about any company that I am planning to send my hard earned money to (any amount). I definitely would not purchase anything from them without at least speaking to someone in the company AND seeing decent feedback from some of their customers.
Bryan
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby guapoman2000 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:31 pm

The owner of this company known as HOBBY SHOP WAREHOUSE is "CHUCK" and claims to have been very close and buddy buddy with Peter from Banana Hobby such that this person in years past spent about $50,000 worth of purchases at BH. Somewhere along the line they had a fallen out and CHUCK decided to setup his own company.

I talked to him on Wednesday 02-08-2011 afternoon and we had a rather long discussion about one certain STARMAX J3 Piper Cub of 50+ inch wing span with very scale details that Banana Hobby is selling as well. He also told me that his primary passion is EDF Electric Jets and that he will be carrying and offering for sale many EDF Jets in the future. I finally asked him that the FAX number is a Palm Beach number but, the contact number is a CELL PHONE number still located and registered within the Palm Beach carrier. He told me that he was in the Miami, Florida area??? Did not specify exactly where in Miami as it is a very LARGE CITY now!!! Furthermore, he told me that this company (online store) has been up for about 7 months.

Hum....If you all are much interested about this person and this new company then, monitor carefully the interactions going on at this thread over at RCGROUPS and look at how this person pops in and out and read carefully what he posts. He goes by the handle "FLYGUY24/7"

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384440

For the latest postings then, go to:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 440&page=8

Hope this helps!
Carlos
guapoman2000

Postby JBC » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:15 pm

I recently emailed, PM'd on his own support forum the owner of HSW for some info on a motor/fan combo and have heard not even had a response. I also was informed first hand by a friend who purchased 2 models from him back in December 2010 and has still not received them :shock: I'd say this is one to definitely steer clear of!
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)