need advice please

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

need advice please

Postby flymac » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:22 pm

i have seen the flysky transmitter with lipo batteries. .is it ok for the tranmitter without modification??is it will frying the transmitter??
i would like to change my battery transmitter into lipo battery. .but i'm confusing about the issues that lipo batteries can frying the transmitter. .i love the li ion battery modification. .but it's so hard to find that battery in my country. .in the other hand, ,sanyo eneloop good too for the transmitter. .
which is the best?? :roll: :roll:

sorry for my bad english. .
flymac

Re: need advice please

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:50 pm

The easiest (and safest) battery for your radio would be the Enerloop (or other low self-discharge NiMH) cells.

You could use a lipo but I'm not a fan -- because they do have a higher voltage (which makes the voltage regulators work harder) and the first time you accidentally leave the radio on (and it will happen eventually), your lipo will probably be ruined.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby A10FLYR » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:03 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:The easiest (and safest) battery for your radio would be the Enerloop (or other low self-discharge NiMH) cells.

You could use a lipo but I'm not a fan and the first time you accidentally leave the radio on (and it will happen eventually), your lipo will probably be ruined.

Exactly why I still use my Futaba 9ZAP radios! User settable to automatic shutdown time. NOT good when instructing a student who needs little corrective input...ask me how I know! 2 $1200 (new) radios and a used $50 trainer goes out of control with instructor and student wondering what the hell happened!! :lol:
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby flymac » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:48 am

RCModelReviews wrote:The easiest (and safest) battery for your radio would be the Enerloop (or other low self-discharge NiMH) cells.

You could use a lipo but I'm not a fan -- because they do have a higher voltage (which makes the voltage regulators work harder) and the first time you accidentally leave the radio on (and it will happen eventually), your lipo will probably be ruined.

yeah. .my choice is perfect. .i have ordered 8 x AA eneloop batteries. .the price is not far from lipo battery. .for 8 batteries i paid $20 and for the 3s lipo i must change with $19. .i'm sure it will be better with eneloop batteries than lipo one. .what a fantastic price. . :lol: :lol:
thanks bruce for your advice.

A10FLYR wrote:Exactly why I still use my Futaba 9ZAP radios! User settable to automatic shutdown time. NOT good when instructing a student who needs little corrective input...ask me how I know! 2 $1200 (new) radios and a used $50 trainer goes out of control with instructor and student wondering what the hell happened!! :lol:

are you using eneloop batteries??is it okay??
flymac

Postby A10FLYR » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:51 am

Nope,I'm not using them in the TX, but they would be safer than the lipos I am using according the gurus. I am using them for RX packs tho.
Dean,
A10FLYR

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries