New to Forum

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

New to Forum

Postby iwchris » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:53 am

Hi all! I'm just getting back into RC Modelling after a break of 6years, I can't believe how fast things have changed in that short time regarding "Electrics and Radio Systems".

I did sell all my stuff off, so will be restarting from fresh, I have just purchased a Futaba 7C, and this time I will be going all Electric, with a few gliders, as I live on the Isle of Wight UK with great slopes for soaring.

Chris
iwchris

Re: New to Forum

Postby pushinoldrc » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome to RC Model Reviews iwchris, I was out of the hobby for over 9 years, and have been flying for just over a year and a half now. You are absolutely correct saying that "things have changed". I have modified a few Futaba radios to 2.4Ghz, including the older gold faced radios. This technology is awesome. I use primarily Corona systems, but am trying out a FrSky system as soon as the receivers arrive.
Bryan
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby iwchris » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks for your welcome Bryan.

Chris
iwchris

Postby mark520 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 am

Hey there,this is Mark,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here,I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you.
mark520

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)