RCTimer

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

RCTimer

Postby Daedalus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:32 am

I have made a couple of purchases from this supplier. http://www.rctimer.com/index.php
They offer free freight which is a bonus and they are selling the "Deans" type connectors for US$5.95 for 10 pair, which is good especially when there is no freight costs
website can be a bit flaky at times, but they do communicate with buyers via RC Groups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1120983
and most seem to have good things to say about them.

My own purchases have all been great

Wayne
Daedalus

Re: RCTimer

Postby crampy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:00 pm

I just got three motors from these guys, to see how they were.

Free shipping and free motor mounts and hardware with the motors was a great start. I've got 2 2200kv 28mm motors and a 2600kv one. I've run up the 2600kv one with a APC 6x4 prop. 30amps peak load (on my Mystery 30amp ESC ouch!!!) and over 300 watts. We measured just under 800 grams of static thrust. All that from a sub $10US motor... I'm happy!
crampy

Postby administrator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:24 am

I have also received my first order from RC Timer and I have to say I am impressed with the product (to be reviewed shortly) and the service.

The power-meter cost $27 and arrived in about 8 days from placing the order (I chose registered mail for an extra dollar or two) which is damned good for this time of the year.

Top marks RCTimer.com

I'm about to order some more products from them.
administrator
Site Admin

Postby yflihi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 pm

I just placed a trial order with them and although USD was selected as currency, it changed to AUD during the payment process. Anyone else have this happen?
yflihi

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:05 am

Can't say I've had that happen -- are you in Oz?

Was it RCTimer or PayPal which converted the currency to A$?

I just received my second order from them -- a bunch of E-props, a 3530 1400KV brushless and some wire for the EPP FPV project. All arrived safely and in good time. I wasn't impressed with the customs declaration though "Adapter $2". If you live in a country where the customs are a bit fussy that'll probably ring alarm bells.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby yflihi » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:56 pm

No, I'm down in Canterbury. It was on the RCT site, at the final stage before going to PP. Not a big deal.
yflihi

Postby Ampair » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Two orders so far, the first one was pretty quick arriving (4 days), and a second one arrived a bit more slowly - 8 days; not too bad considering the Chinese New Year pandemonium. I used Hongkong Post EMS both times to ensure a healthy separation from those Swiss POS monkeys.
Communication was not a strong point either time, for both orders I was sent a copy of the PayPal "Payment Made" form instead of the Track & Trace number, which is not exactly helpful.
From NZPost, a bit more informative than HKPost tracking.
12.23 PM 29/01/11 Picked up
12.15 PM 01/02/11 Left country of origin
01.41 PM 02/02/11 Arrived in New Zealand
10.30 AM 03/02/11 Delivered to customer
I guess there was a minor delay in the warehouse, but the EMS worked very well.
Again, the customs declaration was for a $2.00 adaptor; not great.
The 6 motors are quite good, very well balanced but two have oversize threaded mounting holes (1/8" perhaps?) instead of 3mm. Fortunately I only needed 4 straight away, so not a show stopper this time. I'll ask them about it after the Holiday.
Ampair

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)