Eagle Tree OSD data format decoded

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Eagle Tree OSD data format decoded

Postby mox17 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I have been looking at the data coming from Eagle Tree eLogger V3 to their OSD and OSD Pro units.
My intention is to use the eLogger as a sensor hub wired to a PIC or Arduino and pick data out and send through some (FrSky?) telemetry link.

I have now established that Eagle Tree OSD and OSD Pro both use a 63-byte update protocol, and have successfully decoded significant parts of the data from the OSD version.

The OSD uses address 0x30 on the I2C bus, and OSD Pro has address 0x31. These appear as 0x60 and 0x62 in some representations because I2C uses LSB for R/W indication.

The essence is the attached table.

There are still some field in the update that are not understood. These are the fields not colored.

An I2C slave device configured to either address 0x31 (0x62) or 0x30 (0x60) will automatically be updated by the eLogger. Default is 10 updates per second with 63 byte blocks.

With that data stream it should be simple to pick the desired values for further transmission.

/Erling
Attachments
et_osd_data.PNG
Eagle Tree OSD update data format (I2C stream)
et_osd_data.PNG (41.82 KiB) Viewed 8784 times
mox17

Re: Eagle Tree OSD data format decoded

Postby Asad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Interesting... I wonder if there are any changes with Elogger v4.
Asad

Return to Telemetry