Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Re: Permanent Farewell at RCGROUPS!

Postby guapoman2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:13 am

Good evening good people!

Don't look now but, the gentleman with the handle "WISE GUY" was banned from RC Groups just because he made a statement towards heavy moderation and a few cheerleaders at RCG's came in with guns blazing and accused him of insulting the moderators and BINGO, he is now officially Banned! :roll:

I just can not believe it! This poor guy "WISE GUY" opened this thread to discuss my leaving RCG's and can you believe they are at the 150th post and more than 3,300 views!!! :shock: It is just shocking to find how you have to walk on egg shells at that RC GROUPS site!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281554&page=10
guapoman2000

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:51 am

I think the little power-hungry moderators are best left to their own incestuous devices.

It's been a long time since I bothered to challenge their little autocratic ways and I feel much the better for getting out of that place (and RCU and FG).

Life really is too short for all that kind of rubbish.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby guapoman2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:23 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I think the little power-hungry moderators are best left to their own incestuous devices.

It's been a long time since I bothered to challenge their little autocratic ways and I feel much the better for getting out of that place (and RCU and FG).

Life really is too short for all that kind of rubbish.

Agreed!

The bottom line is, RC Groups has evolved into an advertisement platform, for specific manufacturers and special groups.

They try to disguise their site as a bona fide forum for "freedom of expression"...???...and people are finally beginning to see that is totally false!!. ;)
guapoman2000

Postby JBC » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 pm

heya Carlos, wow looks like you're quite a celebrity over there on RCG....and here I am thinking it was just me who missed you :D hope you're doing fine my yankee mate with the gorilla hands ;) :lol: Hey guess what I ended up ordering the FMS new big Spitfire so should arrive this week YAY and then hopefully maiden the following. Keep keeping on buddy!
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby rayholland » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 am

hi there,

i think the problem lies in that some boards are getting to big. And that every John-Doe has to reply with a silly oneliner to break a 'most posted message' record (maybe they get a cake when breaking the 10.000 post barrier :D )

I'm very new in rc-flying and i must admit that i like more the designing, buidling and fiddling than actually flying my plane. But when you think a little bit different then just 'out of the box' you get flamed with oneliners like: crap/not safe/not legal/etc.
But I just want to share my experience and hope to get possitive feedback or idea's, but in return i get endless discussions on safety or that chinese stuff is crap etc. Hack, if you think it's not safe: don't do it and if you think it's crap: don't buy it! Don't spam my tread with your non-informative, timewasting replys.
These people ruin it for others who are really interested.

Maybe i'm sounding a bit bitter but i'm still pissed off from my last encounter at a dutch forum called: modelbouwforum.nl (i was planning not to mention the name, but wth). I was planning to write a nice howto there but some idiots taken the fun out of it.

BTW: that' was the reason i searched for an other rc-forum and found this little germ ;-) Only downside is that english is not my native language, so i hope ypu guys(and ladys) forgive me for all my spelling mistakes.

--raymond
Last edited by rayholland on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rayholland

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 am

Welcome Raymond, I think you'll find a much different crowd of people here so feel free to enjoy these forums.
RCModelReviews

Postby swervo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 am

I posted in the "where has all the spruce gone" thread (in RCG ) recently . my input was that maybe the war effort has effected the shortage . subsequently recieved several pm's asking me to remove my "offensive" post . I was accused of introducing "politics" to the thread .Soooo tempting to rile these morons further but i have better things to do .
swervo

Postby disco stu » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:49 am

Is it just me, or are Americans (as a general rule) way too quick to take offence to something and start pointing it out. A few times something that has happened in Australia has reached the attention of news in the US and been taken way out of context. Eg start of cricket season, KFC sponsor aus cricket. West Indies are a traditional cricket rival, who also happen to be dark skinned. The KFC add goes on about calming an unruly mob of west indies supporters with KFC. Next thing we are all racist idiots cause we think you should give chicken out to calm blacks cause they are all unruly etc etc (no mention of the cricket there). They wouldn't have said a thing if it was the english referred to in that add. So who are the racist ones.........

Sounds like RCGroups is full of those sorts of people. Aus section isn't though, spend most of my time there.
disco stu

Postby Treebuster » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:15 pm

I live in the U.S. and as a beginner in RC, I found that RCG is kind of like a cult. If you happen to ask a question that the experienced RC'er find is rather stupid, you get criticized or it goes unanswerd. Such comments as "your post has been answered many times if you just take the time to search".

A new user or some of the younger people that log onto a forum many times are not aware that they can perform a search to try and find their answer in some forums so they are criticized. This does a disservice to the whole RC community and may get a beginner to give up the hobby because they become frustrated and intimidated and afraid to ask further "unholy" questions to the "elite good ol' boy" members. I'am not saying everyone on RCG is like this but I found it to be true in many cases.
Treebuster

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 pm

It still makes me laugh when I occasionally drop into RCU/RCG as a visitor and see someone asking "has anyone used..." or "how do I..." when there's a review or feature article covering that exact item/topic right here on RCModelReviews.com

Surely, no matter how much of a newbie they are, they know how to use Google to search for such information?

Still, it doesn't matter how naive or lazy someone might be -- I'll always do my best to answer their questions and explain things they don't understand. It's just that I won't be doing it on RCU/RCG because I might say something that *someone* takes offense at so I'd be banned again ;-)
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Non-RC