TURNIGY 9X V2 TO SIMULATOR

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: TURNIGY 9X V2 TO SIMULATOR

Postby 3dkat1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi David , good to hear your getting something to work , phoenix has a free demo , maybe try that and see if it will work as mine went on that one with no problems .http://www.phoenix-sim.com/downloads_demo.htm . Was it the same for Fms and aerofly or just the one .
3dkat1

Postby Viper » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi all,

I've managed to use my 9X V2 with Phoenix (2.5), but only one way: I have to disconnect the V2 2.4G module from the back before plugging in the trainer cord ( transmitter switched off all the time ). ( Shame, but the module is hanging on it's small cord while I'm flying )
Viper

Postby HornbyFlyBoy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:52 pm

Viper wrote:Hi all,

I've managed to use my 9X V2 with Phoenix (2.5), but only one way: I have to disconnect the V2 2.4G module from the back before plugging in the trainer cord ( transmitter switched off all the time ). ( Shame, but the module is hanging on it's small cord while I'm flying )

I seem to recall in Bruce's first YouTube vid on the Turnigy 9X V2 he mentioned puting up an alteration to the wired module issue with the 9X that would allow it to be a truly module system. So hopefully that module won't have to dangle for too much longer :D It is an alteration that I'm interested in as I won't buy the 9X as a second radio until I could have the truly module option. And I want a second radio :mrgreen:

Cheers.
HornbyFlyBoy

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 am

I'm waiting for an order of FrSky stuff to arrive so I can do that project.

Right now, according to the tracking info -- it's still on a plane between China and here (and has been for a week now).

So, if any commercial pilots out there have seen an EMS plane that's parked up at 30,000 feet with some kind of problem, can you grab my package and forward it to me? :D
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby HansBear » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Who is the cheapest/best/preferred vendor to buy FrSky stuff from?

I'm also a Turnigy 9X V2 owner. I'm looking forward to the mod.
HansBear

Postby stevewashere » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 am

Viper wrote:Hi all,

Hi I went to the LHS and took my 9X V2 with a corona 2.4 module and plugged it into Phoenix 2.5 which they had running on the counter it worked straight away, I was testing this before I buy the SIM. Which Ill do soon.

Ive tried Helisim with this TX and couldn't get it to work even with smart propo. wish I could, it would save me a couple of hundred on Phoenix
stevewashere

Postby vfrjohn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:45 am

FWIW, I connected my Turnigy 9X V2 to my Vista PC using the TomsRC USBg connector.
I unplugged the radio module.
I programmed the 9X to Acro mode, stick mode 2, everything else turned off.
Running FMS, there was no response.
Running HeliSim, the Elevator, Rudder and Throttle stick responded correctly. The Aileron stick would not respond.
All four sticks responded correctly on the 9X when I selected the Display menu option.

So, it almost works...
vfrjohn

Postby rdhood » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 pm

And my success:

I connected my Turnigy 9X V2 to my Windows XP Notebook PC using a stereo miniplug to the microphone input.
I turned off the radio, unplugged the radio module. I also went into the Trainer mode on the radio and enabled all channels.
I used PPJoy and SmartPropo to map the microphone input as a joystick
I verified the input using Windows XP's Sound Recorder, and then using PPJoy's PPMAudio application that allows you to move sticks and see feedback.
In FMS, I configured/calibrated the joysticks
I am getting throttle, rudder, elevator, ailerons on all airplane models.
rdhood

Postby cmavr8 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hello everybody!

I have my Turnigy 9x working with FMS but I am bothered by the fact that I need to have the radio module unplugged and hanging while I fly the sim.
Do you guys think a switch that cuts the modules power (only) would suffice? Or should I make a switch that "cuts" every connection to the module?

Also, I'm currently using an audio cable but get lots of noise from the speakers. I tried a USB sim cable but I only get 3 channels to map. What settings (on the Tx) are you guys using? Mode?

Thanks
cmavr8

Postby stevewashere » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:20 am

Well Ive been running Phoenix now for several months Im now on V3 and I dont have to take the module out, to fly Phoenix.

It has been well worth the expense by just buying Phoenix.

When I plug in the mono 3.5mm jack into the TX it turns on and the module doesnt run.
stevewashere

PreviousNext

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers