ER9x FW and eePe EEPROM Editor

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: ER9x FW and eePe EEPROM Editor

Postby glenncol55 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:17 am

Hi all

I am going to get a 9X transmitter along with the backlight/programmer board but i have a question

Withthe 9X i am goin to make a batterypack the same as Bruce made, now in those instruction Bruce has said to solder a resistor in to make the alram stop sounding.

I am wondering if using one of the custom firmwares that allows t=you to adjuts the low voltage seting for the battery , is the resistor now redundant?
glenncol55

Postby TG72 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:20 pm

glenncol55 wrote:Hi all

I am going to get a 9X transmitter along with the backlight/programmer board but i have a question

Withthe 9X i am goin to make a batterypack the same as Bruce made, now in those instruction Bruce has said to solder a resistor in to make the alram stop sounding.

I am wondering if using one of the custom firmwares that allows t=you to adjuts the low voltage seting for the battery , is the resistor now redundant?

:) Yes, this add on board DOES allow you to adjust the low voltage alarm setting, eliminating the need for the resistor. I have this add-on board with backlight installed in my 9X, with Bruce's 2 cell li-ion battery modification. Am very happy with this setup!
TG72

Postby thos » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi all,
Ereza what a great piece of Firmware. No more incessant beeping, my family and I are very great full. The FW is very user friendly and makes programming models a breeze.I especially like the timer modes, the auto trim functions and my favorite the throttle cut switch mix. A great safety feature which I will use all the time.Before changing FW I nearly chopped myself up the other week when I bumped the throttle on a plane that I had just crashed and the motor was hanging by the wires only. Fortunately it chopped up my plane not my hand.
The only problem I had programming the FW was that the usb programmer didn't like Windows 7. I tried different drivers etc but they didn't seem to make any difference. Soon as I used Windows XP it download and flashed firmware without any issues.
I used a RS 232 socket mounted to the end of the battery compartment in my 9X. With Bruce's $8 battery conversion there's plenty of room for everything.I do place some foam between socket and batteries to ensure that the batteries don't short with socket. I like these fittings as you can to fix them to the radio with a nut and bolt. Only mounted with 1 bolt as second bolt pulled the mount out of square. More than enough to hold in place.
Attachments
DSC_0542(1)(1).jpg
DSC_0542(1)(1).jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
thos

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:26 am

TG72 wrote: :) Yes, this add on board DOES allow you to adjust the low voltage alarm setting, eliminating the need for the resistor. I have this add-on board with backlight installed in my 9X, with Bruce's 2 cell li-ion battery modification. Am very happy with this setup!

I'm just being a wee bit anal retentive.... or nit picking perhaps, but the smartie parts board does not allow you to adjust the voltage alarm by itself. It is the fact that you load a custom firmware such as ER9X that allows you to adjust the low voltage alarm setting. Installing the board and back light without updating the firmware will leave you with low voltage beeping and no backlight which is also turned on in the custom firmware.

I remember when I installed my board and put it all back together and the back light didn't work?!?! Then I installed ER9X and found the software switch for the back light and turned it on.... all was well.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks