Spreadsheets and table formatting

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

Spreadsheets and table formatting

Postby RobC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 pm

I've just tried attaching a spreadsheet to a post - message ".XLS not allowed". .ODS files just get ignored, as if they were never attached. Fair enough, so I tried pasting the relevant cells into the post. That looked fine in Edit, but lost the layout & formatting when posted. It seems to not display tabs, so everything is shifted across to the left.

Does anyone know a workaround?
RobC

Re: Spreadsheets and table formatting

Postby disco stu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:59 am

An online storage place, such as box.net, and link to it in your post. About all I can think of
disco stu

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 am

Suggest Google docs... And make sure to set the file permissions for anyone to view.
Roger

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Uh... not sure how large a spread you want to display, but I would just use Ksnapshot (KDE Linux utility) and take a screen shot of the page and post the image instead. If it takes up a lot of physical screen space, I'd probably break it up into several screen shots. This way you're only posting images which is easy for anyone to see, without any additional programs required, other than the usual ones in your browser.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby ergocentric » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:17 pm

[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=][th=2]This is a header[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]This is the left cell[/td][td=1,]This is the right cell[/td][/tr][tr=bg2][td=1,]This is another row[/td][td=1,]This is the second cell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]

That didn't work so my guess is it's disabled

http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... e%20bbcode
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to Feedback on this website