DOSD, FeiYu Tech or other?

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

DOSD, FeiYu Tech or other?

Postby drix » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi all, congratulations Bruce for the expertise!

I´m new at the FPV/OSD hobby, I´m from Brazil and I´m going to USA, Washington DC, I intend to buy as much equipment as possible to bring with me the importation taxes are very high to receive by mail.

In order to setup one FPV/OSD system with artificial horizon and Autopilot (Return To Home and Way-point navigation) and Pan/Tilt camera and video goggles, I´ve being studying various systems and as my knowledge at the matter is not so good I would need some advice.

I have in mind buying one XEN-Skywalker or an EPP FPV Hobbyking and I have one Turnigy 9X:

Here´s the deal:
1st question- DOSD, FeiYu Tech, or other brand?
2nd question- Can anyone name all the equipment and models(boards, camera, goggles, Video TX/RX, etc...) needed in order to have all the features mentioned above?
3rd question- Is the Turnigy 9X radio compatible with the FPV/OSD/Autopilot? or should I mode it with the FRSKY DIY Kit 2.4GHz, and if with this it would work, or should I buy a new radio?

I have a list, that was advised, what do you think?
-TTL to USB converter
-Dragon OSD+ V2 Combo
-8Ch PPM Encoder
-ArduIMU
-Fatshark 5.8GHz Aviator edition
-W-Tracker wireless head tracker system
-The Pan/Tilt support, or equipment.
-Any good and small camera (what brand/kind do you suggest?)

Thank you.
drix

Re: DOSD, FeiYu Tech or other?

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:18 am

I've read your message and will reply in more depth soon.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby drix » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Thank you for taking time to answer!
drix

Postby bmsweb » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 am

As far as OSD system I'm currently looking at Skylark Tiny OSD which looks to be about $100 which includes the GPS etc
bmsweb

Postby Oops » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:12 am

Dito for me Bruce as per my earlier post for a 5.8GHz. I did order the FeiYo 21 and 117 kit. Also looking for a camera and goggles. I know you are working on a google set but for now I might want to purchase a ready made set.

Internet is great but to get an FPV set together takes forever in searching, reading, getting sidetracked by youtubes and in the end only to find out that the info is a year old. See what you or anyone else comes up with.

For that reason these pages/posts should be regular updated and even should have a past-by date when they disappear to uncluttered the www.
Oops

Postby Velociraptor73 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:51 pm

I was between feiYu Tech, Dragon Labs and Range Video OSD with autopilot.
The display I like most is the Dragon Labs SU-27, but I would need the FA-20 II anyway for the autopilot and they say is not that easy to configure.
But this was going to be my setup because I don't like very much the FeiYu Tech OSD screen.
Then Range Video released the ROSV5 that already comes with autopilot system build in and seems pretty easy to setup, has a very nice F-16 display and is also smaller in physical size than the FeiYu Tech, so I gave it a go...
Should receive it in 2 or 3 anxious weeks!

Regarding the camera I'm very disappointed with my Fatshark CCD and Googles.
If Bruce comes out with a nice googles system I will probably sell my Fatshark Aviator.
Fatshark also just released a new google called DOMINATOR with build in receiver and head tracker to balance the war with Foxtech (AIO) googles, but it is not high-res or even 3D capable, shame!
The plans is to use the Hero HD Pro 3D and a high resolution 3D capable googles to do full HD videos with both planes and quadri-copters.
Velociraptor73

Return to FPV