My FrSky telemetry project

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: My FrSky telemetry project

Postby suchislife » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Although it's nice to have built in batt sensor, it would have been preferable to ADD another output rather than use up one of the 2 existing
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby cweeks » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 am

Bruce are you there, any hints as to how things are progressing ?

EDIT Feb 13, 2011: Beginning to look like this is a dead project, Bruce is posting but not here, PM's unanswered (but I guess he gets a few of them). Just a nod either way would do me.
cweeks

Postby tanatum » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 pm

hi, i from brazil, I have a futaba 9 chp super, and I am facing the same problem, less than 200m I lose the signal. I'm thinking it's my Rx, for Fr RX-sky changed to version 2 ... but that came from my HK has celo V2 but the structure of Rx is different, post the new version is now A1 telemetry on channel 8. munod all said this module was good will that was only marketing? we have been deceived? I'm thinking and buy this Rx v2 to test ... already bought up a display that informs me the battery voltage and signal

http://www.flytron.com/rc-electronics/9 ... splay-rs...
tanatum

Postby jet760 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 pm

It seems strang that Bruce has stopped posting here for a while, maybe he has taken some lessons from Spectrum, when you dont want to anwser any questions say nothing at all!!
jet760

Postby iceman0988 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 am

i would like to know where to get the stuff so we can build our own where is that information.
iceman0988

Postby suchislife » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:13 pm

extremerc have prices on frsky's own lcd hub and sensors. No stock yet though.
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby Wingspinner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm

jet760 wrote:It seems strang that Bruce has stopped posting here for a while, maybe he has taken some lessons from Spectrum, when you dont want to anwser any questions say nothing at all!!

Really not nice to cast aspersions on someone doing something for free. There is a big difference between what support you deserve for something you pay for as with Spectrum products versus something that is voluntary and free. He's doing this for free and on his own time and if he's too busy to work on it or respond to posts about it or cancel it for that matter that's his prerogative and no one has a right to disparage him for that.

Since this is a sort of community project, if this project is important to you and you think it's going too slowly then consider picking it up and start designing, prototyping it yourself and organizing others who have expertise in areas you lack.

Wingspinner
Wingspinner

Postby cweeks » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I don't think any one is calling Bruce names, what's the point after all. That was a bigger dig at Spektrum than it was Bruce.

Up to now Bruce has always responded when asked about the project and recently he has stopped, so concern is heightened I guess.

I have done a good few projects of this nature to know the time concerned to get it right, Bruce is a very generous and brave man for opening it up for the public to build. I can't imagine the PM's he has been getting so far, never mind the questions he will get once it is finally released. To be honest I wouldn't blame him if that thought has stopped him. I wouldn't blame him if he has sold the design either, I would of. Even if he has stuck it on the back burner because he is bored with it or has found a more interesting project to do, these are all things he doesn't need to excuse. After all it's his time.

I personally have no problem with the mans time scale (its still quicker then mine) nor do I have a problem picking the torch up myself but it would be nice to know it's been dropped that's all people are getting at. No bad intent or feet stomping.
cweeks

Postby pwy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:05 pm

My personal opinion is that the upcoming FrSky telemetry solution may have a lot in common with Bruce's project.

We have obviously no right to expect anything from Bruce and it is completely his decision what he wants to do, I don't blame him for this.
However Bruce has lost a few points in my book for not responding to any questions. Keeping things secret is not what I would expect from him. There is obviously always the possibility that he cannot give any information because of commercial arrangements but I find the lack of information very disappointing .

I have a working telemetry solution but still keep following this tread. Not any longer because I intend to use the results but just out of interest.
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!
pwy

Postby BlueAngel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

I think nobody would fool Bruce , if he says that he has cooperated with FrSky and can't release his project for opensource.

But saying nothing, does not help anybody and lets a bad taste back.
BlueAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Telemetry