450 Size Helicopter

For helis powered by volts rather than fuel

450 Size Helicopter

Postby jaime » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:38 am

I have been watching the Finless videos and I believe I got my head setup okay now. I am now trying to set my tail but the only way that I can make the servo move is to have the Rudder D/R at 50 even though the switch is off and all the revo numbers at about 50. It's been suggested that these be turned off, but now I can't seem to be able to move the tail servo at all if these numbers are set to 0 on my FlySky transmitter? I'm not sure if this is enough info, but if anyone can help me on how to get this part working correctly on the transmitter I would appreciate it. Thanks.
jaime

Re: 450 Size Helicopter

Postby siang » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:27 am

No idea at all with Flysky tx. Are you able to get help from H/Freak? Heli set up is complex, esp tail, they are very sensitive.
siang

Postby jaime » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:07 am

Yeah, probably, I just thought I check here while I was here reading. I was able to do it before getting the head all set up, but then I also added the curves and all that good stuff, but it just makes no sense why this would have changed since I was able to do it before. I have a printout of how I set this up before so I'll try it again, but now it's just harder because no matter what I can't take those settings off which are suggested to be turned off or if I do the servo just won't do anything and just sits there. I thought I go out and test it like I had it since I managed to keep it centered. It was pretty windy so needless to say I ended up hitting the small receiver and didn't realized that the cover flew off it until later tonight when I was moving the gyro away from the blades. I couldn't fly it because it kept turning on me so it was a bit hard and the wind didn't help, but I got to play around a bit with it in getting somewhat use to the controls on the ground even with the wind. No crash but I did grind the tip of both blades so that was no fun. On the tip over is when the flybar I think got the receiver so I just moved all that under the heli now.
jaime

Postby vfrjohn » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Jaime, here's a nice tutorial on tail and servo setup that helped me:

http://www.natew.com/rcheli/frame_main. ... ilRotor.HH
vfrjohn

Postby SimJen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:15 am

did you sort this out?
I have a bit of a right up for the Turnigy 9x heli setup on my blog at: http://rcheli-blog.blogspot.com/ it might be of some help.
my clone build blog including setup tips for the Turnigy 9x
http://rcheli-blog.blogspot.com/
SimJen

Postby jaime » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi guys. I'm sorry it's been a while since I logged in. So far I haven't done much with the heli other than ruined a few more parts. So far I still haven't flown and I don't know if this or the gyro setup is causing the heli to spin. But I'll take a look at your links and keep trying to figure this out. John your link doesn't work. SimJen, nice blog, I'm using a clone and almost similar items so I'll check it out and hopefully get this figured out. I got the new frsky V2 with telemetry transmitter receiver coming for my v1 9x, I hope it's just a plug and play.
jaime

Postby jaime » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Sim, thanks for the info. I'm currently reading your blog and on the gyro I was trying to do what you have but realized I had my gyro set under STD for my values, so changing the GY values which I'm assuming are the Gyro VCS, and exiting would go back to whatever values I had before. So in order to change the GY values I had to go into the STD mode, change that to 100 and then went back to GY and made my changes. Now it works and I get the same values on both STD and GY. I know those are two different settings so I'm still trying to make sense of it all. Thanks, if this works then I should get the gyro to hold now. I think I read about setting up the gyro in one mode vs the other but now I can't remember what I did. I'll see if this works for me now and tweak the numbers from there.

I also just went back and re-read my gyro manual and I guess I've been confusing the setup on the radio with the set up on the gyro. According to the manual the limit setting just adjusts the speed of how fast it moves and not the actual setting of the tail itself which is what I guess you're supposed to do after you get all the links aligned correctly and servo centered. But which mode should I do this is, dual rate mode or AVCS mode? I think it's slowly making sense, I'm just not sure what dual rate mode does exactly. I know heading hold is what I want to hold my tail steady, so I think this is where my confusion is at the moment.

SimJen wrote:did you sort this out?
I have a bit of a right up for the Turnigy 9x heli setup on my blog at: http://rcheli-blog.blogspot.com/ it might be of some help.
jaime

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm

This borybosell also talks nonsense and advertises a link to rcjets
Attachments
Mr Angry.jpg
Mr Angry.jpg (9.35 KiB) Viewed 30495 times
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Another Mumbai bomber gone.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Electric Power