HK ORANGE RX. WON'T BIND.

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

HK ORANGE RX. WON'T BIND.

Postby misterv » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:37 am

I've been a JR user since Adam was a boy but recently decided to replace my 9x Transmitter.2.4 with a Hitec Aurora. Fantastic radio.
Besides the 9x on 2.4. I kept my old faithful JR.36mhz. 9ch.with module. I mainly use this set with a FrSky module, but as I retained a few Spektrum 7 receivers and Orange Rx's,I purchased a genuine Spektrum Tx.module suitable for the JR.9 to use on these Rx. Previously I used the 2.4 tx. for both Spektrum and Orange receivers and all worked OK.
The latest Tx.module(one with module and aerial in one piece) binds perfectly to the Spektrum receivers but not the Orange Rx. I have tried all my Orange Rx. in a mate's Tx.2.4 and they bind perfectly.
They will not bind at all by using the supplied shorting plug. When you go back to the original Spektrum binding mothod- 3 wire switch assembly- shorting out the charging lead- the bind process goes right thru. All the light flash at the right time to stationary yellow. Switch off the rx. and tx. disconnect the shorting plug, switch on tx. and rx. dull indicator on rx. but no servo action.
Yes I know the plugs are reversed on the Orange Rx. and have checked everything.
I noted in one of Hobby KIng's discussion on these receivers, someone else could not bind them to a module based JR Tx.
Has Spektrum changed something on their Tx. module?
Has anyone tried the Oramge receivers with the original JR/Spektrum module ( the one with the wire externally fixed to the aerial).?
All suggestions and help would be appreciated.
misterv

Re: HK ORANGE RX. WON'T BIND.

Postby crampy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 am

I had them bind with both DM9 tx modules (the one with built in aerial and the one with the external aerial wire).
No problems at all.
crampy

Postby misterv » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 am

OK. I'm doing something wrong. I'll go through it all again and see what happens.
misterv

Postby misterv » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 am

OK. I'm definately getting senile. May go back to trains !!!.
I'm so use to using good receivers like FrSky with the plugs reversed, that I plugged in wrong way with the Orange Rx. being it is the same as Spektrum.
misterv

Postby crampy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:40 am

So, you've got it all sorted now?
Good stuff. I like these receivers, cheap and actually work quite well.
crampy

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries