Turnigy 9X

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Turnigy 9X

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 am

The problem with the WFLY radio is that it's going to lock you into the WFLY brand -- for better or for worse.

When I reviewed their 2.4GHz RF system it was okay -- but not as good as a full-time FHSS system like the FrSky, Hitec or FASST system.

The Turnigy 9X radio is brilliant value -- but it's not a top-end, high quality radio. Never the less, for the price, it can't be beat.

If you buy a WFLY and find it's not what you want then you've wasted $316 + shipping. If you buy a 9X and find it's not what you want then you've only wasted $60 plus shipping.

The 9X can also be fitted with the FrSky 2.4GHz system which will deliver a pretty bullet-proof RF link with failsafe and the option of telemetry.

So, if you're just going to be sport-flying then the 9X should be a good deal.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Eugene » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:26 am

Hey thanks Mr Bruce
do you think the FrSky DF module will go nicely in the 9X V2 slot? Or nevermind I will make it hunch back 9X....hee.
Eugene

Postby Eugene » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 am

O-ya Mr Bruce how is your latest 9X set? Anything broken? Always think that it is not a good value Tx if it end up in the rubbish bin. Just like throwing $60 into the bin. Got shaken by those customers review from Hobbyking Turnigy 9x (mode 2 esp)site. It'll the best value TX with the FrSky system, totally agreed with your experiment. Thanks for your works. You are rite too with the WFLY 09S which cost much more...but thinking that with that price the maker should come out something with better standard. Also thinking maybe someone got sore eyes with 9X, trying to stop others from buying 9X....problem with me .... think tooo much.
Eugene

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:40 am

Hi guys,
something to share...found this guy "DotMusclera " just search for "Turnigy 9X V2 Radio Module Modd". Well... never know my $60 will go into bin If don't try getting 1 Turnigy 9X V2.
Eugene

Postby harsha199 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 pm

HI all...

Let me 1st introduce my self in brief. My Name is Harsha and i'm writing from Sri Lanka.

I am completely new to the hobby. I am making my own glider/plane (Predator RQ9) to start with (eventho lot of people gave negative comments this is not a starter for a beginner)

I am planing to buy a 9X from HK or from eBay. We have no hobby shops in my country and what ever I wana have I will need to import from ebay or where ever available.

Tho i have seen lot of negative comments on 9X I believe this is the radio for me (mainly due to the price).

Does any one know if 9X supports v-tail planes ? and supports standard 3D helis ?
What type of servos it supports ? Can the receiver plugged in to any kind of ESC ?

Appreciate your comments. TCK
harsha199

Postby Travis » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:59 am

Hi
I was hoping someone can help me Im new to this and have just picked up a tgy 9x from hk and also got a fy21ap but need help with how to set it up on my 9x.
Travis

Postby Fury » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Watch Bruces how to video
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=rcm ... iew=videos

Here he shows you how to install the DIY version.
Watch it. If you have the module that plugs in the back.
Remove the antenna and that stupid little wire.
Plug in the module in the back bind and you're good to go.
Fury

Postby zerodrag » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 pm

I have the Turnigy 9X with new firmware and FrSky module with telemetry reciever. Setup is in an 80inch Giant Stick with DLE20 gas motor. Was previously using a DX6i with 6OOO reciever and satellite but due to continual issues with slow binding/relinking and brownouts I decided to change over but did not want to spend alot of money. Now I have peace of mind as the Turnigy with FrSky setup works faultlessly so far after more than 30 flights. The telemetry is great, as module has audible alarms to indicate range status and due to reduced power function you can do a proper range test. Have had no quality issues with the Turnigy transmitter, apart from the useless AA battery holder which I did away with and replaced with a 11.1v lipo. Also one disadvantage of the original Turnigy reciever is that it has only one aerial wire and no range test feature.
zerodrag

Postby Travis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 am

Cna some one help me i need to programe channel 6 to the 3 postion switch and channel 5 to the gear switch please help
Travis

Postby Velociraptor73 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Bruce,

first of all let me wish grteat 2012 for you and all the readers.

I've been using the 9X now for almos t a year now but still don't get the architeture of programing the auxiliar and mixing channels of it.
Every time I need to program it I need to look for a similar video of someaone doing it, but sometimes I just can't find what I want!
I bet a lot of people have the same problem as I do with 9X.
Would be nice if someone who does understand it well could do a clear and plain programming guide for the 9X, explaining what is about all the possibilities and confuse (at least for me) nomenclatures on the menus.
Just an idea...
Velociraptor73

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)