Corona 2.4GHz DSSS module and receivers

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Corona 2.4GHz DSSS module and receivers

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 am

This review can be found here: http://rcmodelreviews.com/corona_dsssv2.shtml

Comments, feedback and questions on this review can be posted to this topic
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Corona 2.4GHz DSSS module and receivers

Postby coronarc.nz » Thu May 06, 2010 9:29 am

For Corona DSSS systems sales and enquiries in NZ, see me! I have gained Ctick approval from the Radio Spectrum Management agency (the spectrum police!!!) to supply these systems in NZ, so the are quite legal for use in NZ.
I use the system in all my slope models and have done for the last 8-9 months or so, and although it does not tick all the boxes as far as failsafe and telemetry etc, the system has worked faultlessly for me. With slope flying you can spend a lot longer in the air than on an average electric or gas model flight - I haven't had one glitch yet - even when flying alongside 12 other models in mortal combat! (I might point out that a Futaba FHSS controlled model went down in that same combat session, and on landing - the receiver broke!)
Roger
coronarc.nz@gmail.com
coronarc.nz

Postby JBC » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:43 pm

I've been using Corona DSSS V2 for about 9-10months and so far not one glitch :) I did have a Spektrum dx6i previously which glitched occasionally :shock: The only bad point I can say is that it can be a little awkward to bind the rx as you almost need 3 hands. After switching on the TX while holding the bind button, you then need to be able to hold down the bind button on the rx with the little key they provide yo with while simultaneously plugging in you battery...can get a little 'awkward' at times :roll:
Helping the glue industry, one crash at a time.....
JBC

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Handy tip: Just keep a spare receiver switch around that can be plugged between the ESC and the receiver when you want to bind. It's much easier to flick a switch with one hand while holding down the receiver bind button than it is to try and plug two connectors together.

Once bound, you can remove the switch from the circuit.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby xupapugy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:46 pm

A few of the sources are marked and deeply discussed for the citizens. The use of the https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ox-essays-review-legit-great-value-money-mary-walton for all choices. The margin is implied for the turns for the production of the writing and content for all people.
xupapugy

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers