using turnigy 9x as trainee buddy box with dx6i as master

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

using turnigy 9x as trainee buddy box with dx6i as master

Postby timbo69 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:47 am

hi Bruce, with the module out on the 9x i can get it to work as a slave tx for the dx6i, except i can't get the throttle and arilones to work the right way around. What am i doing wrong?
timbo69

Re: using turnigy 9x as trainee buddy box with dx6i as maste

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Unfortunately the JR and Spektrum radios use different channel assignments to the rest of the world (Futaba, Turnigy, Hitec).

Here's how they compare (from memory):

Channel # -- Futaba etc -- JR/Spektrum

1 -- ailerons -- throttle
2 -- elevator -- aileron
3 -- throttle -- elevator
4 -- rudder -- rudder

So, if you connect up your JR/Spektrum to a Futaba/Turnigy/Hitec the sticks won't do the same thing on each radio.

I'm not sure if the ER9X software for the Turnigy radio allows you to change the channel assignments but that's about the only way I can think of to get around this problem.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby ergocentric » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Haha, I had to search my memory, then search the interwebs; Trainerlink http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... dID=HAN173
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby disco stu » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Unfortunately the JR and Spektrum radios use different channel assignments to the rest of the world (Futaba, Turnigy, Hitec).

Here's how they compare (from memory):

Channel # -- Futaba etc -- JR/Spektrum

1 -- ailerons -- throttle
2 -- elevator -- aileron
3 -- throttle -- elevator
4 -- rudder -- rudder

So, if you connect up your JR/Spektrum to a Futaba/Turnigy/Hitec the sticks won't do the same thing on each radio.

I'm not sure if the ER9X software for the Turnigy radio allows you to change the channel assignments but that's about the only way I can think of to get around this problem.

Yes, the ER9X works to get around this issues. Its what I did. Posted this on the twin thread, but posting twice beats working :D
disco stu

Return to Help Needed