9x thus based software hack

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: 9x thus based software hack

Postby JensR » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks Erezra for your quick reply! :)

> To use extra channels you need a receiver that can read them. For example a Futaba 14 channel receiver.

Which costs more than a second 9x, right?

> The radio simply tries to cram extra channels into the PPM stream.

Would that still work with 2.4GHz? I thought cross-brand compatibility is non-existent for 2.4 GHz?
So, would I have to go FM, too?

> Since all the pins are taken the only way to input more channels is to stream them through PPM.
> Your best bet might be to cannibalize two transmitters with 2 RF modules and use them together.

That's what I had in mind initially, especially when I saw the 9x V2 and its price! :)
I think I'll go for it.
As someone who has opened the 9x, would you say it is possible for someone with basic soldering skills to connect the 9x's board to my special joysticks (potentiometer-based)? It seems there are cables that would be easy to cut, extend and connect?

Thanks again
Jens
JensR

Postby erezra » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:49 pm

I don't know what your skills are but it's not too difficult. It's also harder to mess up than you might think.
!!! BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR !!!
http://www.eraviv.com
erezra

Postby JensR » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks - I think i can do it :)
But the soldering for the programming port looks very difficult :(
I will go with converting to flightsticks first and see if I can pony up the courage - your software really sounds tremendously helpful!
JensR

Postby DagKS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

I have two radios set up with version er9x.117 . I tried to use a buddy cable, but I couldn't get the buddy radio to work. Both radios have the Turnigy module insalled. Does anyone know the procedure to make it work?
DagKS

Postby Kanga » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 am

It would seem that the er9x software does not support non ccpm ( "nor" "1 servo mix " mcpm ) heli config...is this correct ?
Kanga

Postby palton » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I think you either remove tx module from it's socket (pain when using T9x orginal and non removable tx module) or you hack the radio. There is a mod for enable simulator and Master/Trainer mode. Have a look at radioclone site.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/radioclone/index.php?title=radioclone:Simulator_hack
palton

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks