Turnigy 9X with USB simulator cable

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Turnigy 9X with USB simulator cable

Postby DiviG » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am

Can any1 plz plz plz help me.. i seem to be hitting a dead end..

I recently got a Turnigy 9X Tx and have a standard FMS USB (Flight Simulator VII) cable to practice on ClearView (sim)...
Problem is.. it seems the Turnigy Tx and the FMS Cable are incompatible.. the red LED on the cable keeps blinking..
My PC (windows7) does pick up a USB device.. it calls it a '6 Axis 0 Button Device'.. but when i calibrate.. the crosshair does not move..

I tried a friend's Tx (some old cheap Tx).. and it worked fine on the cable.. red LED stayed on permanently...
I went to my hobby shop where they got a different USB cable on their test simulator (not clear view).. and the Tx still didnt work, even on their cable...

Is there a specific USB cable for the Turnigy Tx...

PS I tried downloading Propoplus and PPJoy.. still no luck

Any1??
Thks
Divi
DiviG

Re: Turnigy 9X with USB simulator cable

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Try unplugging the transmitter module before you turn on the radio and plug in the simulator cord.

The 9X has a wonky setup where it checks to see if there's a module installed before deciding whether it's going to be the master or the slave in a buddy-box setup.

If you have a V2 radio the module will still be attached by the antenna lead and when you replace it, make sure to carefully push the lead through the hole in the back of the radio so it doesn't get pinched when the module is pushed home.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby pete139 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 am

My Turnigy 9X and this USB device from DealExtreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-2-0-al ... ngle-51480) both arrived for me yesterday and they seem to work together well (Tried with Pheonix and another one). Didn't need to install additional drivers on Windows XP.

As Bruce says - unplug the TX module on the back. When you plug in the cable from the USB it will power on the 9X automatically - the 9X power button remains in the off position the whole time.

On this subject - a question for Bruce or someone else with the DIY Frysky module - will simulators still work with it? - because you can't unplug the DIY module afaik.

Pete.
pete139

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 am

Yes, the transmitter will default to "master" mode when the DIY kit is installed so can be used with a simulator.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby DiviG » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:27 am

Oh yes it works.. wonderful.. thk u so much Bruce and Pete....

I seem to have an issue with my Tx now tht I have it connected to my PC:

I have my Tx on Mode 1 and the aileron (X-Axis) seems a bit twitchy... during calibration - whn I turn the stick to the right, it's very responsive... but whn I turn it to the left.. the crosshair seems to be twitching and jumps to the right... I need to move it a lot more to the left to get the desired effect... this means tht on the simulator, my plane keeps naturally tilting to the right and I need to adjust/ over adjust all the time.. almost always resulting in a crash... tried trimming etc.. still the same issue...

Please help..
Thks again, god bless...
DiviG

Postby pete139 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 am

Hi DiviG,

I had a similar sort of problem - I noticed this when I had elevons settings activated (I think it was that) - it made calibration of the ailerons impossible - either fully on or off - and made the plane impossible to fly. So make sure you don't have any settings like that activated in the transmitter.

Pete.
pete139

Postby rogueqd » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:28 am

Mixes work fine on a simulator, I use my sim to test them before I try them on my real plane, but it is good to calibrate with a blank, or default, model set up.
rogueqd

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)