The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby karolh » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm

I guess their notation that read " All files in this section are for Beta test only, not FrSky final officially released version " explains why it was removed.

Karol
karolh

Postby 7sp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 am

Yes, but less then 24hrs. I think I would like my beta programs to be just a tad bit longer.. :)

My guess would be they must have discovered a serious enough problem and pulled it off the site very quickly.

7SP
7sp

Postby 7sp » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 am

Looks like Horizon has some backwards compatibility issues also..

DSMX transmitters operating in DSM2 mode - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Support.aspx?ProdID=BLH3500

I only wish FrSky would make announcements like this when they have issues... Hint, Hint.

7SP
7sp

Postby 7sp » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:18 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:I've just unpacked my new logic analyzer today -- I'll be using the analysis of the FrSky dialog between MCU and CC2500 as an exercise in familiarizing myself with this tool.

That should enable me to see exactly what the length of the GUID is in both 1-way and 2-way modes.

Hi Bruce...

The weather has been good here and I'm thinking your out getting some flying in, but I was wondering if you had any updates on the old outstanding GUID length questions on the 1-way and 2-way modes?

7SP
7sp

Postby 7sp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 am

Bump...

Any updates on the old outstanding GUID length questions?
What is the real length of the GUID with using a 1-way RX bound to a 2-way TX module in 1-way mode?

Thanks, 7SP
7sp

Postby karolh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:01 am

7sp wrote:Bump...

What is the real length of the GUID with using a 1-way RX bound to a 2-way TX module in 1-way mode?

Thanks, 7SP

It's been quite awhile since we heard anything from Bruce, so maybe he is away on an extended vacation ;)

Karol
karolh

Postby 7sp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm

karolh wrote:
7sp wrote:Bump...

Thanks, 7SP

It's been quite awhile since we heard anything from Bruce, so maybe he is away on an extended vacation ;)

Karol

Thanks Karol...

I saw the last RC Model Reviews not so weekly news 11 July 2011.
So it looks like his has tucked himself into his man cave at home for winter.. :P

PS: I was thinking he needs some pictures on the wall in the cave, it looks a little bear.

7SP
7sp

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm

karolh wrote: It's been quite awhile since we heard anything from Bruce, so maybe he is away on an extended vacation ;)

Karol

Boy, I wish!

I've been working away fighting (metaphorical) fires but I'm back on the bench this week with lots more stuff and I hope to be nailing the GUID issue once and for all.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby petef » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am

Ho how I'm waiting for that 'nailing of the GUID issue'.
However, every week that passes my Frsky one way system just keeps on working & clocking up more fault free flights. Also I don't here of any other clashes. Maybe I should just forget about the 'tiny' risk, but it keeps nagging at the back of my mind...

Pete.
petef

Postby karolh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 pm

petef wrote:Oh how I'm waiting for that 'nailing of the GUID issue'.
However, every week that passes my Frsky one way system just keeps on working & clocking up more fault free flights. Also I don't here of any other clashes. Maybe I should just forget about the 'tiny' risk, but it keeps nagging at the back of my mind...

Pete.

Like you, my similar system just keeps churning out trouble free flights, and little by little by the GUID clash issue is becoming paler and paler, but it would be nice to have it resolved for the peace of mind it would give. But as the saying goes, "If wishes were horses all beggars would ride"

Karol
karolh

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos