HK's new FPV camera

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

HK's new FPV camera

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm

I see that HK has just started carrying a 100mW 2.4GHz camera & transmitter for under $40.

Not much point if you're using 2.4GHz RC of course.

HiModel are apparently hunting around for a source of nice cheap 5.8GHz camera systems.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: HK's new FPV camera

Postby blindvision » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm

HK is going to have a 5.8Ghz system also, -and best of all (are currently looking in to getting some descent and cheep video goggles).

-so looking forward to get up there flying again (used to fly 1:1 gliders, but haven't got the time it 24/7-120days here in Denmark, Not like NZ where you dont bother to drag out the planes if you dont get at least 5/ms lift, when we get 3/ms (3-4 days in a year, we feel like we got god on our wing).
blindvision

Postby Startazz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Sounds good Bruce but i like the sound of the 5.8ghz myself mate but is there
any chance HK will give you a 2.4ghz camera and transmitter to review mate??
IT'S BETTER TO DIE A TIGER THAN TO DIE AS A PUSSY!
Startazz

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Startazz wrote:Sounds good Bruce but i like the sound of the 5.8ghz myself mate but is there
any chance HK will give you a 2.4ghz camera and transmitter to review mate??

HK have never (yet) provided any product for review. They have said they'll send me an Orange receiver (spektrum compatible) for review but since they said they'll first fill all the backorders, I'm starting to think that by the time it gets here a review will be kind of pointless -- but we'll see.

I am hoping to review a reasonably-priced 5.8GHz video transmitter/receiver setup shortly and use that as the basis of my telemetry-driven hi-gain auto-tracking video receiver antenna setup for FPV.

Again, this is product I'm spending money on, not getting for free -- and it's not coming from HK.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to FPV