Turnigy 9X Programing

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Turnigy 9X Programing

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:18 am

monkeyjay wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. but we all gone skuiffy i just screwed my tr9x trying to solder in the resistor for.the battery mod. gotta buy a new one now unless anyone has a replacement lower board

Any chance you could post a picture of the damaged area? It might be salvageable unless you got miffed and had at it with a sledgehammer or some such....

And for the record, personally I always considered a radio this cheap as disposable and bought two, one to tinker with and when I was happy, I'd have the second one to set up nice. So far I'm still using the first one.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby rogueqd » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:02 pm

+1 recommendation for the smartieparts board. Mine arrived a couple of days ago. The er9x firmware is AWESOME!!!

Also Steven from smartieparts really sticks by his product. Mine was damaged in transit due to improper packaging (the EL backlight pins are quite prone to static damage) and Steven is sending me out a replacement board straight away, with a gentleman's agreement that I will send the defective board back to him after I receive the replacement.

While I'm here, I also know from the above discussion that he's just run out of stock. Sorry.
rogueqd

Postby monkeyjay » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys, i have plugged the radio back together and fired it up, the board may be salvagable as it beeps at me, can post you a pic at the moment as i have not got me camera. is there anyone nr bath or bristol UK that can solder realy well lol
monkeyjay

Postby Keith » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm from Bath and can solder...Only problem is I moved to Australia in 1981.. Used to live near the Bristol rd at East Twerton...
I have one of the Smartieparts boards on order, Steven is expecting them early September.. Ordered another 9x as well.. Working on the same principle, mess with one and keep the other for best..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby monkeyjay » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Lol, Cool, Yep ordered another 9x my self they are on back order with hk at the mo, im going to take my board to much marcle air show a week sunday and see if there is anyone there that con sort it so i have a trainer set with two tx's and two tx/rx for my cub and by plane, hey how its only money lol, going for my firt sortie sat and we will see how how we go and report back soon.
Jay
monkeyjay

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)