Hobby King "Buddy Codes" and "Swarm"

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Hobby King "Buddy Codes" and "Swarm"

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 am

As some of you may know, when you purchase stuff from Hobby King, they will often issue a "Buddy Code" for some of those items you have purchased so you can send them to your friends and they can purchase the same item for a discount. You will also get a little bit of a rebate as thanks from Hobby King.

You can also start a "swarm" on a purchase where for a limited time, a lower price will be offered to anyone using the swarm code.

Here's the interesting bit... There is a website where you can post your "buddy codes" and "swarms", so that others looking for the same items, can use your codes and save some money. Ditto, if you are looking to buy something at Hobby King, you can search for "buddy codes" or "swarms" on that item, at the same site, and if there's a code there, you can save some money! The important thing to remember is to login at Hobby King first, then go to this site and select the item you wish to purchase, and click on the link. This will give you the buddy code discount on that item. You will see the price has a * after it if the code is still valid (providing you were already logged in of course).

The site is:
http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm

To see my modest addition of codes from todays purchase, you can click on:

http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm/kaptain_zero which will show you only my codes.

The site's search engine works great, search for part of the name or the type of item you are looking for and most times, you'll get hits. I saved a tidy sum on todays order and I'm sure the gents who posted the codes will get a few sheckels added to their account as well.

Check it out.

Regards

Christian aka

Kaptain"cheapskate" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Re: Hobby King "Buddy Codes" and "Swarm"

Postby Sid Sideslip » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks for that Christian.

Being a fellow cheapskate, I will make good use of it. :lol:

Though I shall now retire to the fainting couch, because I have already spent my fortnight's toy, er, I mean equipment allowance at HobbyKing, without knowing about this website. :cry:
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby ergocentric » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:13 pm

Muchos Gracias
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am

I have been using it for quite a while... If you do not put anything in the search bar it scrolls through all the recent items. I look through sometimes and if I see a really big discount I get it (if I can use it)... A funny thing happened a while ago. I ordered three of the 450 booms they had where you could get personnel engraving. With the swarm they were 0.65c I think. Anyway I asked for 'KEITH'S 450'. When they arrived they had the swarm number engraved on them.LoL... I sent pictures of them to HK and they replaced them with the right engraving so I ended up with six....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:33 am

Keith wrote: I look through sometimes and if I see a really big discount I get it (if I can use it)...

Ouch... I have to force myself not to trawl through that site... looking for things I could justify buying..... :twisted:

Regards

Kaptain "Oooh... I could use one of those.... and these.... and them... and at least one of those thare thingamabobs" Zero
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby ergocentric » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:28 am

kaptain_zero wrote:Kaptain "Oooh... I could use one of those.... and these.... and them... and at least one of those thare thingamabobs" Zero

Doing that now, sigh, then the batteries I will order have to go to Singapore, Zurich and Montreal before they make it here.
ergocentric

Postby kaptain_zero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:43 am

ergocentric wrote:Doing that now, sigh, then the batteries I will order have to go to Singapore, Zurich and Montreal before they make it here.

Ah... but at least they won't sit in storage in the Vancouver Customs Office for a few weeks! :roll:

Regards

Christian
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby ergocentric » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:10 pm

kaptain_zero wrote:
ergocentric wrote:Doing that now, sigh, then the batteries I will order have to go to Singapore, Zurich and Montreal before they make it here.

Ah... but at least they won't sit in storage in the Vancouver Customs Office for a few weeks! :roll:

Regards

Christian

Montreal customs had them for 45 minutes, then Canpost got them here in four days (I'm one day out from the Gateway facility in Mississauga)(i.e. one delivery per day to Mlton, same truck does the pick-ups)
ergocentric

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)