EMS -- epic fail

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

EMS -- epic fail

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:38 am

I ordered some stuff from a Chinese supplier (Himodel.com) and had it shipped EMS.

The box should have contained two AXN Floaters and some other sundry items.

When it arrived, what started off as a box, looked a whole lot more like a wrinkled envelope.

It was probably about 2" thick in places and it really looked as if someone had driven a forklift back and forwards over it, crushing what ever might have been inside.

When I picked the "box" up, it sagged so much that the ends were hanging straight down.

Suffice to say, the package was *not* accepted and so we'll see what comes of the process for having it replaced or being refunded.

I'm glad I paid the extra 1% for insurance -- now we'll see if that insurance was worth anything I guess.

I'll keep you informed.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: EMS -- epic fail

Postby Sid Sideslip » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:05 am

Crumbs, bad luck there Bruce. Hope you get your gear in one piece eventually.

Now I'm nervous, as I have an AXN Floater that left Honkers on Saturday.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby kaptain_zero » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 am

Sorry to hear the bad news..... things have a way of happening though.

I got my AXN from HK a week ago via EMS, box clearly labeled "DO NOT ACCEPT IF DAMAGED"! Twas barely a crinkle in one corner and this was the outer box so I wasn't worried. Inside, everything was fine....... The real problem is that the box has been sitting next to my desk ever since as I just don't have enough time for "play"......<groan> I suppose if I gave up reading this bloody computer, I would have some time... but then I wouldn't know what it is I'm supposed to do!

Oh well..... 10 months of good sledding weather is soon here and I hate sleds so that means plenty of extra indoor time for me..... as long as I can avoid the dreaded "Lets paint the [insert name of any room nobody cares about here]!

And yes, it's always exciting to see just what that insurance money actually buys you.

Regards

Christian

PS: Glad to see you up and about on the keyboard, Bruce!
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby bmsweb » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 am

RCModelReviews wrote:I'm glad I paid the extra 1% for insurance -- now we'll see if that insurance was worth anything I guess.

Hope it all works out Bruce, please keep us posted as to the outcome! What a bugger!
bmsweb

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am

HiModel have contacted me and said they will replace the entire order and ship as soon as they have stock of the AXN again (2-3 days they claim).

Because I paid the 1% insurance, they reship as soon as they're advised that the package was damaged and not accepted.

No farting around waiting for the consignment to make its way back to China or sending pictures and weighing stuff.

That sounds pretty good -- but I'll keep readers updated as to the final outcome.
RCModelReviews

Postby bmsweb » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 am

Sounds like it will be a good outcome Bruce!
bmsweb

Postby ergocentric » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:HiModel have contacted me and said they will replace the entire order and ship as soon as they have stock of the AXN again (2-3 days they claim).

Because I paid the 1% insurance, they reship as soon as they're advised that the package was damaged and not accepted.

No farting around waiting for the consignment to make its way back to China or sending pictures and weighing stuff.

That sounds pretty good -- but I'll keep readers updated as to the final outcome.

I was hoping for photos, good of them to move quickly though.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 am

Just got notification of the tracking number for the replacement of the damaged package from HiModel that shipped today.

That's pretty damned good service.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for one of my HobbyKing orders placed on 15th of this month to actually finish processing. I guess that right now, HK is a victim of their own success.
RCModelReviews

Postby ergocentric » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Just ordered some stuff in two shipments from HK, the nanotech batteries shipped next day, the second order is taking its time to get shipped.

Seems random, that or they take a long time to sneak past the giant spider in the warehouse.

unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 pm

I've got three orders on the go from HobbyKing one took about four days to be dispatched and the other two were out the door within two days. It's Hong Kong post and then Aussie customs/post that takes most of the time for me...adds about a week to ten days on delivery time to Tassie.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)