DSM Tx

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

DSM Tx

Postby rotory » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 am

Is there a cheap/chinese DSM2 compatible TX that can replace a Spektrum TX and bind with BNF crafts from Horizon?
I know they make cheap and reliable Spektrum compatible RXs, just wondering if they make TXs as well?

thanks for any help
rotory

Re: DSM Tx

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:00 am

I haven't seen any but there may be some toy-types that can be had for very short-range work.

BNF isn't really such a big deal.

Just buy the PNP version and spend $8-$14 on a receiver if you're using Turnigy or FrSky 2.4GHz systems.

In fact, it works out a whole lot cheaper -- even if you buy a lipo, charger plus receiver and a PNP than if you buy the BNF option. Plus, the Turnigy and FrSky 2.4 is *much* *much* more robust and resistant to interference and brownouts.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rotory » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, but I wanted the UMX BEAST from Horizon that comes only in BNF. Don't think you can replace the RX in that little thing...

Just had an idea,,, has any one worked the wiring to put the DSM2 module below; (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... SPMMSJR720) in a non-modular radio.
I have JRs older 10x which is modular and several JRs 6ch non-modular radios. If one could do the propper wiring to turn a non modular to take a module,,, ? hummmm
rotory

Postby rotory » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, but I wanted the UMX BEAST from Horizon that comes only in BNF. Don't think you can replace the RX in that little thing...

Just had an idea,,, has any one worked the wiring to put the DSM2 module below; (http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... SPMMSJR720) in a non-modular radio.
I have JRs older 10x which is modular and several JRs 6ch non-modular radios. If one could do the propper wiring to turn a non modular to take a module,,, ? hummmm
rotory

Postby ergocentric » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm

people are selling used five channel Spektrum transmitters all the time,

I bet it's made in China too

$30 to $60 on RCG^*@#$
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Good point -- there *are* lots of cheap DSM2 radios on the second-hand market.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rotory » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:45 am

Those cheap 5 channels are DX5e which is actually a genuine Spektrum / JR radio. 90 percent of them were sold included in Phoenix simulator package. Its very limited. Single model memory, 70percent pre-set dual rate and servo reversing, thats all. All other adjustments are done mechanically on the model. I got one of those with the phoenix, just never bothered with it. would be great if there were a capable chinese TX (like frsky or...) that would bind with BNFs.
rotory

Postby ergocentric » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:49 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Good point -- there *are* lots of cheap DSM2 radios on the second-hand market.

please bold 'cheap'

is it possible to remove the transmit module from a $pektrum radio?
Kinda like using a T6a or T9x as a buddy box
I like the looks of the project to ad bluetooth to the T6a and use an android device to program it
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to Help Needed