I need a transmitter to join with a Jr! Got any ideas?

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

I need a transmitter to join with a Jr! Got any ideas?

Postby RCmad2011 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi everyone !! :D

Im learning how to fly in the UK and i am only 14 so im on a budget :cry: . The trainer (jason calcutt friends with ali machinchy please check him out on youtube), told me to get a transmitter to be able to join on buddy with a JR. Im needing ideas on what to buy that isnt too dear :(

Would something like a spektrum dx6i work? If anyone is selling anything i would love to know about it. Also anyone got any ideas on how i can make money so then i can afford all the cool stuff you guys have? Need anyone to work for you online?

Thanx everyone :)
Kind regards

Tom Theobald :D
RCmad2011

Re: I need a transmitter to join with a Jr! Got any ideas?

Postby disco stu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 am

From my searches, a DX6i will buddy up fine with JR but "I read it on the internet, so it must be true" (as in check first). I have got a turnigy 9x buddied up with my JR, but in stock format it won't work properly. Mine is running the ER9X custom firmware, where you can set what outputs to what channel so it can be adjusted to the same as JR and is great. Thats another option if your willing to go to the trouble of putting the firmware on, of which there is plenty of information on this site
disco stu

Postby 3dkat1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Yes the Dx6i will Buddy with Jr as they are both made By Jr , I buddy a Dx6i with a Dx7 no problems at all
3dkat1

Postby ergocentric » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 pm

I doubt anyone would consider a DX6i inexpensive, any older JR FM transmitter should do it just as well
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 pm

RCmad2011 wrote: Also anyone got any ideas on how i can make money so then i can afford all the cool stuff you guys have?
Tom Theobald :D

Stay in school
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby disco stu » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:26 am

Hang around the other guys taht fly, and keep an eye on forums etc. Most people in a better position than yourself are generally pretty keen to help someone out who isn't in a position to buy this stuff themselves. People did this for me when i was young and starting out, and someone even did it fairly recently when I just wasn't in a position to buy a lot of this stuff. I know myself I've got an older JR Tx sitting here that you would be more than welcome to if you live in aus. Its only got simple mixing, and 2 model memory, but would be fine for any normal plane. A wanted ad for any old planes or gear thats going cheap will probably get you some sympathy :D I imagine a lot of the planes will need some work, but thats half the fun

Let me know if your in aus and keen for the Tx
disco stu

Return to Help Needed