Which reviews would you pay $10 for?

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

Which reviews should Bruce finish first?

FPV Clouds Fly
14%
Video Visor
14%
Electric Power Tutorial Series
20%
2.4Ghz Transmitter Comparisons
20%
Corflute Bi-plane
8%
Open Pilot vs Pipo Multi-copter builds/reviews
4%
Telemetry (Quanum and/or DIY)
8%
900Mhz video pro's/con's and retune to ISM
No votes
MPS60 vs ASP52 nitro engine comparison
4%
Test Equipment Videos
10%

Total votes : 51

Which reviews would you pay $10 for?

Postby rogueqd » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:13 am

Sorry Bruce, but seeing a new RCMR video only to find it was just adding another thing to your list of unfinished reviews made me feel like a reality check was needed.

Going back through 6 months of RCMR NSWN videos, I compiled the below list of yet to be completed stuff. I thought I'd make a poll, so we can get an idea of which videos are most eagerly anticipated.

As an incentive for Bruce, could everyone count their vote as a pledge to donate $10 when Bruce finishes that video. If you don't feel the video is worth $10 then don't vote for it. :) On the flip side, if only 5 people ever vote then maybe Bruce shouldn't bother finishing some of them at all.

Since the poll only accepts 10 items I'm going to have to combine some major topics and leave out some minor ones, cest la vie.

FPV Clouds Fly
Video Visor
Electric Power Tutorial Series
2.4Ghz Transmitter Comparisons
Quanum Telemetry
Gens Ace LiPo Review
RC Model Reviews DIY Telemetry
Hi-Tec Transmitter Firmware Update
Test Equipment Videos
Open Pilot vs Pipo Multi-copter builds/reviews
Chinese FAAST compatible receiver review
MPS60 vs ASP52 nitro engine comparison
LiPo charger comparisons
900Mhz video pro's and con's
900Mhz video transmitter retune to ISM band
Turnigy Trust ESC review
Hobby King Donkey motor review
Turnigy 3 in to 1 charger adapter review
Olevin Power battery review
Corflute Bi-plane (I think this one is actually on xjet?)
rogueqd

Re: Which reviews would you pay $10 for?

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:18 am

Good stuff... I've actually done a lot of those reviews but the time it takes to edit/format this stuff ready for the web/video is horrendous -- which is why I'm becoming a "full time" RC reviewer and "RC project guy".

As you'll see (also), I've just started posting new reviews (DX8/DSMX) and the flow should be thick and fast now.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby ACMECOX1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 pm

if i could i would click corflute biplane 10000000 times!
errrrrr??????
ACMECOX1

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 pm

ACMECOX1 wrote:if i could i would click corflute biplane 10000000 times!

Don't hold your breath. Bruce makes lots of careless promises that he can't follow up on; one reason I suspect we have so many members and so few posters.

I know he's had a rough time with his wife being sick and all, but If you are not in a position to keep promises, don't make them.

Just saying it doesn't make it happen.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby ergocentric » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 pm

ACMECOX1 wrote:if i could i would click corflute biplane 10000000 times!

My buddy Gary build several coroplast 1/4 scale cubs, called the rubber cub.
Gary fies one of them off water with a small video camera inside the cabin.
Some day I'll get off my butt and digitized the plans.
This was shot with my old phone:
http://youtu.be/J6ixjuZoml0
Our buddy Dan edited this video shot from the rubber cub:
http://youtu.be/k8vN9GPPdoc

In the mean time, for plans, check out spadtothebone.com
Simple Plastic Airplane Design
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:21 am

I have paids my moneys... *NOT*, but I HAVES taken my choices. When my life settles down later this fall, I will be donating to Bruce's bank account... without the expectation of receiving what *I want*, but rather so that he can afford to continue playing around in the shop. After all, when Bruce is having FUN, he tends to share with the rest of us, and that is ALWAYS a GOOD thing! :mrgreen:

Regards

Christian aka "Christina" when I get sloppy on the keyboard, and aka

Kaptain " Where's that Aurora 9 review, Bruce?!?!" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby bmsweb » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:11 am

Paid $10 for the $8 li-ion battery mod for the 9X and its awesome . . I don't think I'll need to charge my radios for a few months . . well worth it.

I voted for FPV
bmsweb

Postby Sid Sideslip » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:36 am

bmsweb wrote:Paid $10 for the $8 li-ion battery mod for the 9X and its awesome . . I don't think I'll need to charge my radios for a few months . . well worth it.

I voted for FPV

Yeah, me too.

Speaking of the $8 Tx battery thingo. I had a hell of a job finding a balance connector for mine locally (not that it's essential, I suppose) but when I was buying some odds and sods today I got thrown a dead 2S lipo with a spare connector and lead attached.

Btw, I've already slung Bruce a few shekels and will no doubt grimace and part with more. He's well worth the pain of parting with "my precious". Here's hoping he now has the opportunity to get back into stride.

Which we should do too, as I think of it. It wouldn't hurt this board one bit if people like me made a better effort and, not just post up photos and try and help folk as I do, but also add some video reviews too. I know you and other posters have done just that, so, mebbe I'll make the effort as well, for what it's worth.

Off topic, I forgot to comment on your last video thread. Thomas is a lucky kid to have you as a father. Having said that, I hope he gets good enough to drop a flour bomb on your nut real soon. :lol:
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby Keith » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 am

Sid Sideslip wrote:
bmsweb wrote:Paid $10 for the $8 li-ion battery mod for the 9X and its awesome . . I don't think I'll need to charge my radios for a few months . . well worth it.

I voted for FPV

Yeah, me too.

Speaking of the $8 Tx battery thingo. I had a hell of a job finding a balance connector for mine locally (not that it's essential, I suppose) but when I was buying some odds and sods today I got thrown a dead 2S lipo with a spare connector and lead attached.

Btw, I've already slung Bruce a few shekels and will no doubt grimace and part with more. He's well worth the pain of parting with "my precious". Here's hoping he now has the opportunity to get back into stride.

Which we should do too, as I think of it. It wouldn't hurt this board one bit if people like me made a better effort and, not just post up photos and try and help folk as I do, but also add some video reviews too. I know you and other posters have done just that, so, mebbe I'll make the effort as well, for what it's worth.

Off topic, I forgot to comment on your last video thread. Thomas is a lucky kid to have you as a father. Having said that, I hope he gets good enough to drop a flour bomb on your nut real soon. :lol:

And me... Thought that mod was well worth the ten bucks....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby ACMECOX1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:32 pm

cool, cheers i'll check this out !
errrrrr??????
ACMECOX1

Next

Return to Suggest a review