Testing FPV Camera for the first time

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:15 am

We finally have our FPV gear (Still waiting on the OSD) and today we tested video capture on from the FPV Hobby King Sony Camera. The quality is reasonably good. Can't wait to try it all out if the weather ever improves here! We might have to move to NZ and fly with Bruce since they seem to be getting all the good weather lately!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdrl_vMY1g

BTW: The bixler has arrived but its at Australia Post, so I'll pick it up on Monday. The plan is to do testing on the Kinetics as specially the Antennas etc
User avatar
bmsweb
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby Sid Sideslip » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:28 am

bmsweb wrote:We finally have our FPV gear (Still waiting on the OSD) and today we tested video capture on from the FPV Hobby King Sony Camera. The quality is reasonably good. Can't wait to try it all out if the weather ever improves here! We might have to move to NZ and fly with Bruce since they seem to be getting all the good weather lately!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mdrl_vMY1g

BTW: The bixler has arrived but its at Australia Post, so I'll pick it up on Monday. The plan is to do testing on the Kinetics as specially the Antennas etc


Mrs Sid has abandoned me for the foota-the-ball (she being an Essendon supporter). It's just me and Mr Walker now. Somehow I will soldier on by the fire in unflyable Tassie.

Glad to hear you have most of your kit, cobber. I'll watch the video in a sec. I have a new SidSideslip account, so watch for any stupid comments. :D
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
User avatar
Sid Sideslip
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:50 am

Sid Sideslip wrote:Mrs Sid has abandoned me for the foota-the-ball (she being an Essendon supporter)

Looks like Thomas and I have something in common with Mrs Sid :lol:
User avatar
bmsweb
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby Sid Sideslip » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:00 am

bmsweb wrote:
Sid Sideslip wrote:Mrs Sid has abandoned me for the foota-the-ball (she being an Essendon supporter)

Looks like Thomas and I have something in common with Mrs Sid :lol:


Bastage!

For my sins, I follow Melbourne. Let us speak no more of this. :lol:
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
User avatar
Sid Sideslip
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby bmsweb » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:05 am

:lol:
User avatar
bmsweb
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:17 am

Great video on the FPV cam the quality is not bad for a HK product :lol: , look forward to seeing the Bixler up in the Air soon too, hopefully when the weather fairs a bit better :D
User avatar
Jolly-Swagman
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:38 am
Location: Australia, Victoria, Wonthaggi

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby bmsweb » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:45 am

Just a very quick update . . We received the Bixler and the Remzibi's OSD today!!! So it looks like all systems are go . . well except for the SMA Plugs that I ordered for the Cloverleaf and Skew Planar antennas. Thomas is in bed now so I have no one to share the excitement with and unfortunately the wife doesn't think much of this gear :lol:
User avatar
bmsweb
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby Sid Sideslip » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:38 pm

bmsweb wrote:Just a very quick update . . We received the Bixler and the Remzibi's OSD today!!! So it looks like all systems are go . . well except for the SMA Plugs that I ordered for the Cloverleaf and Skew Planar antennas. Thomas is in bed now so I have no one to share the excitement with and unfortunately the wife doesn't think much of this gear :lol:


Wives always seem unimpressed with toys. They can do two things at the same time too. All very strange.

Anyway, keep the updates coming; looking forward to seeing video of it all working.

Oh, and congrats on getting your gear. :D
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
User avatar
Sid Sideslip
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 am

bmsweb wrote:Just a very quick update . . We received the Bixler and the Remzibi's OSD today!!! So it looks like all systems are go . . well except for the SMA Plugs that I ordered for the Cloverleaf and Skew Planar antennas. Thomas is in bed now so I have no one to share the excitement with and unfortunately the wife doesn't think much of this gear :lol:


Great to see you got most of your stuff, Paul, have a look in JayCar Electronics they should have the SMA Plugs and tails
User avatar
Jolly-Swagman
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:38 am
Location: Australia, Victoria, Wonthaggi

Re: Testing FPV Camera for the first time

Postby bmsweb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:52 am

Jolly-Swagman wrote:Great to see you got most of your stuff, Paul, have a look in JayCar Electronics they should have the SMA Plugs and tails


I'll check JayCar out tomorrow :D

Today I Received the Wide Angle Lens for the FPV camera and it kills the crappy one supplied by Hobby King! Very happy with the vision from the camera now. Will post an update soon. Also love the Remzibi OSD, its so easy to configure and customize the screen layout. Will post a little info on it too.
User avatar
bmsweb
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 11:46 am

Next

Return to FPV

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests