FrSky telemetry dasboard and sensor-hub

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

FrSky telemetry dasboard and sensor-hub

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 am

Video review (part 1)

The FrSky telemetry system seems to perform okay on the bench, with only a few notable issues, such as the low update rate for the speed/GPS data and the lack of a "distance from home" figure.

The next thing is to try it out in the air.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: FrSky telemetry dasboard and sensor-hub

Postby Kozmyk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 am

Is there a Glider type Vario display to go with the Accelerometer data?
It would be more use than that tiny text readout among the x and z axes.

I may have got things totally wrong but I got the impression from comments/videos way back that you were collaborating with FrSky on the design of this Hub unit.
Was that the case or was I getting crosstalk from a parallel universe perhaps? :?
Kozmyk

Postby Allan Warner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Got myself one of these set ups. On bench testing the Tx/display unit did not like using the trainer port on my Futaba FF8 (8UP). Lots of servo jitter. Only had aileron and elevator servos pluged in. Pulses of two to three jittery movement on aileron then it would move to the elevator and then back to aileron. It kept on cycling round like this although the servos followed the stick movements when commanded. Only cured by using the modul pins in the modul recess on the back of the Tx.
Allan Warner

Postby Shotglass » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm

hm does it have any support for logging and looking at the data after the flight?
Shotglass

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Kozmyk wrote:Is there a Glider type Vario display to go with the Accelerometer data?
It would be more use than that tiny text readout among the x and z axes.

No vario display that I've found yet. IMHO, vario (and other data) is best reported by audio anyway. When you're flying, you want to keep your eyes on the model, not an LCD on your transmitter ;-)

I may have got things totally wrong but I got the impression from comments/videos way back that you were collaborating with FrSky on the design of this Hub unit.
Was that the case or was I getting crosstalk from a parallel universe perhaps? :?

There was some talk of this but I've been too busy to keep that ball rolling.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Shotglass wrote:hm does it have any support for logging and looking at the data after the flight?

It doesn't appear to have any form of logging I'm afraid.
RCModelReviews

Postby bob195558 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi Bruce (RC Model Reviews),

I have just received FrSky Telemetry devices and viewing your well done reviews of these items and how to use them,
I am having difficulty to, clearly understand how to connect the wiring for the FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01).

Because the (HobbyKing) (Alexander "Datos" good manual (english) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 211X41.pdf)
says Not to use the Black Ground Wire because it will burn up the electronics. Also see below note:

(*note: If you are using only 1 battery in you RC-model (without separate battery for electronics) – you should NOT use and/or connect the black (Ground) wire of voltage sensor.
Just do NOT connect it. Throw it away or cut it, or just forget it.
The only cable that should be connected to RX and battery – red (+).
In case of 1 battery, the Ground is already supplied to the RX from the ESC.
If you would supply another one Ground through sensor to RX telemetry port – you would have Ground-loop because electrons would follow the lowest-resistance route omitting long RX-electronic circuit.
It would eventually result into electronics (gyro, servo, etc) short-time or permanent failure.)

Question # 1:
What .... and/or is the proper wiring of this FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01)?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question # 2: The pictures between alofthobbies.com and HobbyKing.com show the wiring of the Black Plug of the FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01) to be different.

Aloft Hobbies shows the red wire to the outside of the Black Plug:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/battery-voltage-sensor.html

Hobby King shows the red wire in the center of the Black Plug:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... stem_.html

Dose this make a difference when using this FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01) sensor and where should it be located in the Black Plug?

(I received this FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01) from Hobby King and the Red wire is located to the out side of the Black Plug, but there picture shows it in the center of the Black Plug.)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Best wishes,
bob195558
bob195558

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:39 am

The outer pin with the battery pack voltage from the divider circuit should connect to A2 the centre pin is not connected do not connect the earth, cut it.
On no account connect the battery positive to the port directly!!!!
If using the D8R-II plus:
"When side port pins of A1 and X are connected by the jumper, A1 will change from external analog
telemetry port to internal built-in battery voltage sensor."
By this they mean it will read the supply voltage to the receiver, from ESC, BEC or battery on A1.
The older receivers have A1 connected internally and read the supply voltage of the receiver directly .
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby StevenRiley » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:16 am

Model views are inducted for the attached items or the field. The struggle of the mode and https://www.easy-essay.org/ are shifted for recounts. An eventual reality is pled for the help of the turns for the situation for all goals for humans.
StevenRiley

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers