Futaba 6EX 2.4 how to remove the Transmitter boards

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Futaba 6EX 2.4 how to remove the Transmitter boards

Postby Del Boy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:31 pm

I have spent many hours on the web looking for a way to remove the futaba Rf board as i am fitting a hack unit. Why you ask? I live in Spain and I got my radio from USA owing to the poss GUID problems I sent it to a Spainish service centre and they will not look at it as it is illegal in Spain (output to high) so to over come the problems I want to fit a hack unit as i do not want a trainer port and the Rf board is an unkown value i would like to remove them.
Question is it poss any pointers.
Thx Del

Life is full of crashes
Del boy
Del Boy

Re: Futaba 6EX 2.4 how to remove the Transmitter boards

Postby Del Boy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Well as I got no replies I did it the old way tested then disconnected and all works well. I removed all the connections on the RF board and used the Vcc Red cable not the purple one as thats supply for the socket /student Tx, the white marked Mod from the main board (PPM) and black (ground) for the RF board the others Yellow,orange and trainer port ground (in/out) I just removed.

Cheers Del

Life is full of crashes
Del boy
Del Boy

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks