Fly-by Camera

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Fly-by Camera

Postby miget » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey Guys,
Do any of you know if there is a Fly-by Camera system available for Rc's like the skylarks system.
Thanks in advance for the help.
miget

Re: Fly-by Camera

Postby rogueqd » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:36 am

That's what this topic is all about. Not many setups get the 60km range of the Skylark, 1-2km is normal for a beginner setup, but it's all a matter of experience and a bit of money of course. I think the record is over 120km, no idea what the guys gear cost him or how long it took him to design and build it.

There isn't a complete plug and play system afaik, although some places sell prebuilt planes if you have cash pouring out of your ears. If you're on a budget like the rest of us, start reading. :)
rogueqd

Postby miget » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:20 pm

rogueqd wrote:That's what this topic is all about. Not many setups get the 60km range of the Skylark, 1-2km is normal for a beginner setup, but it's all a matter of experience and a bit of money of course. I think the record is over 120km, no idea what the guys gear cost him or how long it took him to design and build it.

There isn't a complete plug and play system afaik, although some places sell prebuilt planes if you have cash pouring out of your ears. If you're on a budget like the rest of us, start reading. :)

I think what I was trying to ask got a little confused, when I ment fly-by camera I mean a system will be not require anything else apart from the operator controlling the camera.
here is a video I was thinking of, the part which I am taking about is 3:34 to the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrQO7NqyIYY
miget

Postby rogueqd » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:13 am

Not that I know of. The FY3ZT comes close, but you still need to plot the waypoints. Also it costs more than all the RC stuff I've ever owned added together.

Flying the plane yourself is half the fun.
rogueqd

Return to FPV