The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby 7sp » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:54 pm

karolh wrote:
petef wrote:Oh how I'm waiting for that 'nailing of the GUID issue'.
However, every week that passes my Frsky one way system just keeps on working & clocking up more fault free flights. Also I don't here of any other clashes. Maybe I should just forget about the 'tiny' risk, but it keeps nagging at the back of my mind...

Pete.


Like you, my similar system just keeps churning out trouble free flights, and little by little by the GUID clash issue is becoming paler and paler, but it would be nice to have it resolved for the peace of mind it would give. But as the saying goes, "If wishes were horses all beggars would ride"

Karol


Like you, I continue to use the one-way on smaller less expensive planes to the edge of visibility with no problems at all. It's just that nagging, piece of mind thing that keeps one from ever fully relaxing. I would be nice to be able to say that the issues are resolved or not as apposed to that we have just been very lucky in not having that many FrSky fliers in the same proximity.

7SP
User avatar
7sp
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:50 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby petef » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:59 pm

I can't wait any longer for the GUID issue to be 'nailed'. I therefore intend to study electronics over the next couple of years, I will then design & build my own logic analyser ( I estimate 18 months), once this has been de-bugged I shall be spending some time on the 'bench' (barring fire fighting) & hope to have an answer within 12 to 18 months. Hang in there, I will keep you posted of my progress, the end is in sight!
Pete.
petef
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby karolh » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:38 pm

petef wrote:I can't wait any longer for the GUID issue to be 'nailed'. I therefore intend to study electronics over the next couple of years, I will then design & build my own logic analyser ( I estimate 18 months), once this has been de-bugged I shall be spending some time on the 'bench' (barring fire fighting) & hope to have an answer within 12 to 18 months. Hang in there, I will keep you posted of my progress, the end is in sight!
Pete.


And hopefully by the time you are fnished doing all that some of us will still be alive ;)

Karol
karolh
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 am

Never underestimate the amount of time things like this take. I've been doing it for 40 years and I still tend to be optimistic (as many will have noticed). ;-)

However, my ZeroPlus logic analyzer is on the bench right now and so is the FrSky system.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
User avatar
RCModelReviews
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby karolh » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:41 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Never underestimate the amount of time things like this take. I've been doing it for 40 years and I still tend to be optimistic (as many will have noticed). ;-)

However, my ZeroPlus logic analyzer is on the bench right now and so is the FrSky system.


YIPPEEE

Karol
karolh
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby cheshireflyer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 am

I tend to do my homework before purchasing but did not this time. Maybe it is a bit late now. I have converted My Futaba 6exa with a one way module purchased last month. I have it bound to an eight channel receiver in an Easy Star. I am V. happy in all respects. Range is out of my sight at least and the boot up time is as good as the 35 mhz system it replaced. I almost launched on the first occasion in range check mode - I will never do that again!

Until reading this thread I was as happy as can be with my very cheap Frsky hack 2.4 system. I fly alone and sometimes with a small group of about six all but for one of whom are still using FM and buying new FM equipment (can you believe it?). Just one member uses Spectrum. So, at the moment I have no GUID problems and can at least afford receivers for my several aircraft.
I was 60 last month and was asked "what do you want" and, asking for what the crowd all use I was presented a new DX6i DSMX system. It is great but the cost of those receivers!!! I discovered Orange receivers and did do my homework this time to discover that they work fine in my small sports planes.

Despite my joy with Frsky and the attention it draws and the exclamations of HOW MUCH ! there will always be a nag of doubt in my mind re. the GUID issue.
So, I am also awaiting any more news. I suspect I should have purchased a 2 way hack and a 2 way receiver.

Pete
cheshireflyer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby funtana » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi cheshireflyer, don't worry to much about this guid issue remember there has been only one case reported world wide of the original guid issue and there are probably tens of thousands of these units in use, iv'e been using the system for nearly two years without the slightest issue, though i have converted one of my transmitters to the telemetry system most of my flying is done using the normal one way system, im'e probably the main user of frsky in my club but there are now several other people using the system after seeing my week in week out trouble free flying while others with unamed system are pranging models including the most recent case a rather expensive scale model which flew superbly untill the familiar shout went up " it's gone" as is usually the case with this system when the wreckage was retrieved no fault could be found with the radio,
Im'e of simaler age to you and retired i often fly four or five times a week ( probably not to far from you mileage wise ) and have clocked up well over a thousand flights using frsky and as i remarked to one of my clubmates only the other day when he expressed surprise after seeing my latest acquistion a Futaba 10c transmitter which has a frsky module plugged in the back instead of the original futaba fasst module, my reply was if i won the lottery one thing i would not change would be my frsky system.
funtana
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Location: manchester uk

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:43 am

Yes, the FrSky system has proven to be virtually bullet-proof (well deserving to be co-winner of the RCMR 2.4GHz shootout) and the GUID conflict has only occurred once.

Our club is filled with FrSky users and we haven't had a single issue -- despite countless hours being clocked up in an environment that has spelled disaster for at least a handful of DSM2-controlled models.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
User avatar
RCModelReviews
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby cheshireflyer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am

funtana wrote:Hi cheshireflyer, don't worry to much about this guid issue remember there has been only one case reported world wide of the original guid issue and there are probably tens of thousands of these units in use, iv'e been using the system for nearly two years without the slightest issue, though i have converted one of my transmitters to the telemetry system most of my flying is done using the normal one way system, im'e probably the main user of frsky in my club but there are now several other people using the system after seeing my week in week out trouble free flying while others with unamed system are pranging models including the most recent case a rather expensive scale model which flew superbly untill the familiar shout went up " it's gone" as is usually the case with this system when the wreckage was retrieved no fault could be found with the radio,
Im'e of simaler age to you and retired i often fly four or five times a week ( probably not to far from you mileage wise ) and have clocked up well over a thousand flights using frsky and as i remarked to one of my clubmates only the other day when he expressed surprise after seeing my latest acquistion a Futaba 10c transmitter which has a frsky module plugged in the back instead of the original futaba fasst module, my reply was if i won the lottery one thing i would not change would be my frsky system.


Well many thanks for putting my mind at ease to a certain extent. I expect I will have no problem at all. 35mhz was fine for my type of flying but one has to move with the times and as I will be retired in a couple of years I thought I best start to update now . At least that way I can be up to date for a few years.
You say you are not that far away from eme (near Crewe) can I ask where abouts are you. May even meet up for a fly sometime.

Pete
cheshireflyer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 am

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby cheshireflyer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:54 am

funtana wrote:Hi cheshireflyer, don't worry to much about this guid issue remember there has been only one case reported world wide of the original guid issue and there are probably tens of thousands of these units in use, iv'e been using the system for nearly two years without the slightest issue, though i have converted one of my transmitters to the telemetry system most of my flying is done using the normal one way system, im'e probably the main user of frsky in my club but there are now several other people using the system after seeing my week in week out trouble free flying while others with unamed system are pranging models including the most recent case a rather expensive scale model which flew superbly untill the familiar shout went up " it's gone" as is usually the case with this system when the wreckage was retrieved no fault could be found with the radio,
Im'e of simaler age to you and retired i often fly four or five times a week ( probably not to far from you mileage wise ) and have clocked up well over a thousand flights using frsky and as i remarked to one of my clubmates only the other day when he expressed surprise after seeing my latest acquistion a Futaba 10c transmitter which has a frsky module plugged in the back instead of the original futaba fasst module, my reply was if i won the lottery one thing i would not change would be my frsky system.


Well many thanks for putting my mind at ease to a certain extent. I expect I will have no problem at all. 35mhz was fine for my type of flying but one has to move with the times and as I will be retired in a couple of years I thought I best start to update now . At least that way I can be up to date for a few years.
cheshireflyer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron