FrSky D6FR

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FrSky D6FR

Postby zerodrag » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi all, silly queston time! I need to use all 6 channels on my D6FR reciever but it has no separare plug in for battery, therefore I have to plug in to channel 1. Can I plug a Y connector lead into channel 1 and then plug servo into one side of Y and battery into 2nd side of Y.
zerodrag

Re: FrSky D6FR

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:01 am

Yes, you can.

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby zerodrag » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks, tested over the weekend in a Giant Stick with DLE20 gas motor and its works great! Put my spectrum gear to shame.
zerodrag

Postby Johnny32 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Well ..i have some questions to anyone knows..
The D series of FRSKY recievers as the forums saying, need to be modified in order to send correct battery voltage data to t/x in the case the current coming to reciever from a bec.
So i have to ask if this happens only in d series of recievers or it is present also in V series.
That because i want to select the reciever type that doesn't force me to make any modification in it.
And something else...
If i use an enternal FRSKY display (wich meens that i am not using the 9x display for telemetry data) the modification nedded to have this option is no more nessecary..right??
Thanks
John
Johnny32

Postby kaptain_zero » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:25 am

The V series of receivers are one way receivers only, and do not transmit any telemetry. I'm not sure what you mean by modifying the D series just to transmit the battery pack voltage unless you are wanting to report true battery voltage before it runs through the BEC to your receiver. If this is what you want to do, then go to a second voltage sensor (not sure if you need the hub, I think it depends on the receiver you are wanting to use).

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby Johnny32 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks for your info.
When you saying "(not sure if you need the hub, I think it depends on the receiver you are wanting to use)." you mean that if i place a voltage sencor straight from battery to reciever's telemetry port without using the sencor hub will do the job? i'm affraid this will burn the reciever instantly, specialy if the battery is more than 7.4 volts.
To let you understand what i want to clear please take a look in this page (http://code.google.com/p/er9x/) scrolling down you can find the article "telemetry details" in pdf format.
And something else..
The connections to the main board to have a clear comunication between module and system requires among others a by passing of the 2 (unused) resistors (left end on board under the procesor) to the uper 2 pins nr 7 & 8.
The same pins have to short sirquit in case i want to add an sd memory card breakout board to the system.
So is this producing some problem to the hall cirquit?
Thanks
See you
Johnny32

Return to Radios and Servos