Aileron and gear channels interacting on Frsky converstions

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Aileron and gear channels interacting on Frsky converstions

Postby Winger » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:01 pm

I have two jr transmitters a 8103 and a dx7 that I converted to frsky. When I make changes to the gear channel ( such as throw limits) my ailerons when activated cause the the gear channel to active. Tried different receivers ( both 8 channel Frsky) and transmitters, an the one 8103 is a module an the DX7 is a hack conversion. get same results. any one else had this problem?
Winger

Re: Aileron and gear channels interacting on Frsky conversti

Postby funtana » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Can't see this having anything to do with the frsky, it's something in the tx programming sounds like the flapperon mix is on and the gear channel which could be aux1 or aux2 is set as the second aileron output, do a reset on the model memory your using or switch off the flapperon mix and make sure non of the free mixes have been setup but best do a reset, just tried six differant transmitters with v8fr receivers and no interaction with gear channel when set for single aileron servo wing.
funtana

Postby ergocentric » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Make sure you are switched to FM, not PCM, but it really should not work at all in PCM.

+1 for check/erase/reset your mixes
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby quarry44 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Are these diy module conversions?If yes,you may have the ppm wire in the wrong place.I had a similar problem with my diy installation, until I shifted the ppm wire over 1 pin.
If it's a plug in module,I'm with ergocentric,check all settings.
quarry44

Postby Winger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Tried everything .only when the gear servo was set to 100% did it work correctly. ---- Changed the servo to a regular servo and everything worked fine.---- Feed back from the gear servo? Anyway it looks like you don't make any changes to travel when using a gear servo. Thanks all for the suggestions . Been flying the Frsky conversions without any problems for a while now and in different planes, this was the first time using the gear channel for landing gears.
Winger

Return to Radios and Servos