2.4Ghz upgrade newbie questions

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

2.4Ghz upgrade newbie questions

Postby andydebaser » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Hello, First can I say "Hi" to the forum. Im a returning enthusiast who has been away for 15 years. OK here are my questions.

I would like to convert my Futaba 6Xas to 2.4 Ghz using the Assan X8D Hack. I have not come across any information on how to do this on the Futaba T6X transmitter. Has anyone had any experience converting this? I have an idea about taking the PPM from the DIN plug. Is this OK?

As Im a newbie I will be using flight sims and buddy box. Im hoping that doing this conversion it wont effect this. Im also interested in how to turn off the 35Mhz module without effecting the rest of the radio.

Many thanks in advance

Andy
andydebaser

Re: 2.4Ghz upgrade newbie questions

Postby quarry44 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi,Andy,welcome to this great place.If you haven't bought the conversion kit yet,I would advise you to get Frsky instead.It's apparently a much more developed unit.I have 2 of these,and I'm very happy with them.I will also be converting my new Turnigy tx to Frsky.The Din plug should be fine for the connection of the 2.4 unit.
As for the 35mhz,you only need to remove the aerial,this will disable the 35mhz unit.
quarry44

Postby ergocentric » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 pm

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=8
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878096

If I remember correctly (fixed one once, long story) everything is mounted on one PCB and the easiest way to stop the PPM transmission is to pull the crystal (or cut the pcb).

Nice transmitter, used if for my buddy box when I re-learned how to fly (my trainer had differential ailerons :roll: )
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby quarry44 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 am

Oops.Of course,The crystal needs to be removed as well.Sorry.
quarry44

Postby seedo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 am

search in rcgroups there is a bunch of help regarding that
seedo

Postby andydebaser » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks everyone for all the links and advice. It looks like I will be buying the Frsky unit.

Andy
andydebaser

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks