Stock Turnigy 9X Range - Anyone have any idea?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: Stock Turnigy 9X Range - Anyone have any idea?

Postby seedo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:19 am

no no noooooooooo

get the FRSKY DIY module and the receiver, check this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHnV6hGH108
seedo

Postby bmsweb » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:31 am

seedo wrote:no no noooooooooo

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying no I shouldn't get FrSky or are you telling me to get the Module?

If you're telling me to get the Module, I've had one for about six months just haven't installed it yet?
bmsweb

Postby francoishaha » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 am

turnigy 9x v2 with full range receiver : range tested at 1.1 km (with transmitter inside a car)

how i made the test:
i stant outside with my plane on a looong straight road in middle of a field. My helper is inside a car with the transmitter. He set the odometer to zero and go away while moving the tx stick. Every 100 meters we talk via phone until i lost signal. Result: 1.1 km inside the car. once the signal is lost my helper get out of the car and the signal is good again.
i made the same test with a spektrum ar600 rx and dx5e tx. i lost the signal at 400 meters with the tx inside the car...
francoishaha

Postby quarry44 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:49 am

I'm sure there are a thousand reasons why you should not test you range inside a car(big chunk of metal,interference from ignition,etc.),but as you've found,minimum range is at least 1km.If it's not,there's something wrong.
1km is a lot further than I can see :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby bmsweb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 am

francoishaha wrote:turnigy 9x v2 with full range receiver : range tested at 1.1 km (with transmitter inside a car)

how i made the test:
i stant outside with my plane on a looong straight road in middle of a field. My helper is inside a car with the transmitter. He set the odometer to zero and go away while moving the tx stick. Every 100 meters we talk via phone until i lost signal. Result: 1.1 km inside the car. once the signal is lost my helper get out of the car and the signal is good again.
i made the same test with a spektrum ar600 rx and dx5e tx. i lost the signal at 400 meters with the tx inside the car...

Thanks for sharing this information! I know at 500m on the ground it was perfect when we tested it.
bmsweb

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos